Tuning questions.

CyrusLoewen

Reaction score
I am curious about tuning for my 04 6leaker. Mainly IDPs Xtreme X. It's "supposed" to be 190hp and I am curious how it runs. To hot? To smokey?... Anybody have any info on it?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
No one pays attention to that "190hp" rating...

I think Xtreme X is more of an aggressive track file. So it'll be hot and smokey I'd assume. Compared to the actual street tune.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What mods are done to the truck? I have that tune with my bigger injectors and turbo but it is very smokey. Runs like a raped ape though. I ran the xtreme street tune for a couple years when on stock fuel and air and it ran good too. Not much on the street hung with it. Ran a best of 13.98 here with terrible air in phoenix. That tune would haze slightly at wot but wasnt too bad. Never had the x tune on stock though. Hope that helps some...

matt92idi

Reaction score
I ran the xtreme street for a little and i played with the xtremeX a few times but only when i wanted my neck broken. it hauled ass on a stock truck but it ran hot but didn't smoke that bad. for the time i dd with the tune i liked it but it was little harsh at points. Pedal felt like a on off switch almost. Tunes are one of those things you have to get and try i feel like

Reaction score
Stock fuel 6.0 hot and smokey? Ficm tuner with xtreme x maybe.. Did you stud that truck? If you have pyro just run it like a raped ape. I daily drove xtreme race for years before xtreme x. Throttle is touchy, only downside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ya I've always been told if its just quarter mile or similar you're ok to get it hot. Hot being over 1200 pre turbo. Just get you a tow tune as well and reload the tune when you wanna tow..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

matt92idi

Reaction score
When I laid into it it would leave a pretty good cloud but cleaned up. It's been a while ago but I would hit 1200 easy climbing a hill with my s362 combo. I wouldn't worry too much about it with stock injectors and turbo

Latest posts

Members online