Tuning (tuner) opinions

Hawker

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a tuner, most likely going with Innovative's tunes, but I wanted to get your guys opinions on which. I have an Edge evolution in the truck now, set on 0 just for the guages. would it benefit me to run an X3, and keep the edge, get rid of the edge and run a livewire, or get rid of the edge and run the iTSX?

Eventually I'll end up upgrading and tuning the FICM. As of right now, I need something to take care of some of the low power.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i recommend the sct x3 with and edge insight cts monitor.

Im partial to TSD and IDP tunes myself.

3brorce

Reaction score
I ran a few in my 6.0. TSD, ID, Gearheads, and RCD. TSD tunes I liked the best. Best power and trans shifting. Gearheads were right behind.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a tuner, most likely going with Innovative's tunes, but I wanted to get your guys opinions on which. I have an Edge evolution in the truck now, set on 0 just for the guages. would it benefit me to run an X3, and keep the edge, get rid of the edge and run a livewire, or get rid of the edge and run the iTSX?

Eventually I'll end up upgrading and tuning the FICM. As of right now, I need something to take care of some of the low power.

That's like asking which hot girl to go out with compared next to a half dozen of other hot girls. For all intents and purposes you really cant go wrong IMO. I can tell that I really like my TSD SPD with early lock up. Lots of smooth power with little smoke and cool EGTs. JMO.

Hawker

Reaction score
i know, i feel like a newb asking the question.

the 6.0 is new to me, but at the same time, it seems to be a bump on a log compared to my 7.3 with swamps injectors, 38r and matt's tunes. and that truck rolled over the scales at 11,800#'s

windrunner408

Reaction score
Dont feel bad. I'm just saying it is hard to go wrong. In all honesty, while I have never tried any of the other tuners tunes, I would submit to you that you would be hard pressed to find a better tune for the money than Chris's SPD with early lock up. It is a GREAT street/dd/racing tune. Buttery smooth transmission shifts, A LOT of power, and my EGTs are usually under 700*F while cruising unless it is like 90*F outside. I dont know what more I could ask for. The only way i am interested in more power is with larger injectors and turbo.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
One options is to talk tp power hungry performance, they can custom tune the evo. They also can do remote ficm tuning with that device. The sct is far more popular and what I run. I would keep the evo and use it for gauges. If it were the the juice or any other edge tuner I wouldn't use it though. From what I've read php dosent appear (from numbers on website) to have the same power claims as the sct custom tunes but what is in their favor is the fact they are begining to focus on tunes for the 6.0 and have a shop truck they are toying with and have gotten a 2wd reg cab into the low14's- high 13's on a tune alone. They are not the most popular tuner or the most common tuning platform but it might be a option that is cost effective for you untill you get the sct.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I like my gearhead tunes. Iv tried innovative and a tony wildman tune but always went back to my srl+ I would really like to try a tsd tune with early lock up. But I'd recommend gearhead. You wont be upset

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I like my Quick Tricks Looney Wild. It has been my DD for a while now. I get good mileage, awesome power and firm but smooth shifts. It does get kinda hot. Vivian has awesome customer service and will tweak your tunes to insure your happy with them. I would like to try the Super Panty Dropper with early lock up.

Groovy Chick

Reaction score
One options is to talk tp power hungry performance, they can custom tune the evo. They also can do remote ficm tuning with that device. The sct is far more popular and what I run. I would keep the evo and use it for gauges. If it were the the juice or any other edge tuner I wouldn't use it though. From what I've read php dosent appear (from numbers on website) to have the same power claims as the sct custom tunes but what is in their favor is the fact they are begining to focus on tunes for the 6.0 and have a shop truck they are toying with and have gotten a 2wd reg cab into the low14's- high 13's on a tune alone. They are not the most popular tuner or the most common tuning platform but it might be a option that is cost effective for you untill you get the sct.

Just so ya know...

Bill's been tuning the 6.0L PSD since it came out! We are SCT dealers, but with the vast number of dealers out there, we choose not to sell the programmers. We DO, however, custom tune them (the order form is listed on our website, but it's deactivated temporarily while I update the form) all the time!

We also offer FICM reprogramming (for driveability and fuel economy; we are currently working on some additional power tunes at the request of our customers) and ECM rollbacks (to a more desired calibration).

As for our test truck, Bill ran it at the Atlanta Dragway last October; his time was 12.96 at 102 mph.
<---------That's his permagrin....

Propwash

Reaction score
I've ran Tadd's from Elite Diesel, Eric's (Innovative Diesel), and Matt's (Gearhead Automotive Performance). I think they all made great power and each had their own pluses, but for how/ where I drive, I like Matts SRL as my daily driver. I have found Matt's customer service superior as well. :clapping:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I just changed to the TSD Super Panty Dropper and made 451RWHP and 999RWTQ. Very smooth, low smoke, shifting is awesome. My new favorite tune.

patrickke

Reaction score

I would either buy an SCT device and use the edge for the gauges or purchase an H&S and Have everything in one... Soon we will have ficm tuning capabilities for the 6L through the H&S devices... But if you need it right now I would recommend an X3 and our ficm tuning

Patrick@KEM

Latest posts

Members online