Tuning

np205

Reaction score
Looking at an SCT with ******** tunes, unlimited tow, 8k and srl. Is it beneficial to also run a ficm tuner also like a KEM tune or say a PHP Atlas 40???

Looking to stay stock injectors and turbo, 4" exhaust, egr ******, coolant filter, oil cooler. Was looking at the SCT to help with shifting on the auto.

Any thoughts or experiences??

Thanks,

Owen

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Looking at an SCT with ******** tunes, unlimited tow, 8k and srl. Is it beneficial to also run a ficm tuner also like a KEM tune or say a PHP Atlas 40???

Looking to stay stock injectors and turbo, 4" exhaust, egr ******, coolant filter, oil cooler. Was looking at the SCT to help with shifting on the auto.

Any thoughts or experiences??

Thanks,

Owen

Gear_Head tunes are excellent tunes best shifting, MPG and reliability, and is who I recommend to everyone that asks me about tunes.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
Gear_Head tunes are excellent tunes best shifting, MPG and reliability, and is who I recommend to everyone that asks me about tunes.
What he said. If you're going with stock injectors I would recommend a ficm programmer and a 58v ficm. I loved my atlas 80 tune when I was on stock sticks. Great idle and low end but I'm running a zf6.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Personally I'm not a fan of G-Heads tunes. The power was pretty decent but the shifting left a little to be desired. Driving around town my truck would hunt for gears. On the highway when rolling into the power I would get some minor shift flares that I didn't care for.
I've been running WPE's tunes for about 6 months and really like them. Power is shifts are on point and firm. The truck does have a little bit more injector noise at idle but in all I like better.
In all there are so many great tuners out there that you really can't wrong. Every truck reacts differently to different tunes.

sootie

Reaction score
i would go with Matts SRL and skip the ficm tuning.

patricku47

Reaction score
Another G-Head supporter here. I don't know what the shifting is like with his tunes, but I love everything else about them.

Halestorm55

Reaction score
I have IDP, g-head and quiktrix. I haven't driven x-street in about a year but it is my least favorite of the big tunes I have. If you go much above 1/3 throttle it revs out and if you let out it shifts hard. The truck currently has SRL but it doesn't shift from 3-5 WOT as fast and clean as I would like just normal driving is great besides unlocking the torque converter in OD. I have upgraded the solenoid and got looney wild when I did and that is hands down my favorite but it is a bit much for the really cold weather as it hits hard enough to throw stuff off the dash. Matt's tow tune will probably be what I run through the winter on the ice. You can fit 10 tunes I would get that pack from matt and get a couple more from other people. The next tune I buy will be from WPE to try it out.

sootie

Reaction score
I have IDP, g-head and quiktrix. I haven't driven x-street in about a year but it is my least favorite of the big tunes I have. If you go much above 1/3 throttle it revs out and if you let out it shifts hard. The truck currently has SRL but it doesn't shift from 3-5 WOT as fast and clean as I would like just normal driving is great besides unlocking the torque converter in OD. I have upgraded the solenoid and got looney wild when I did and that is hands down my favorite but it is a bit much for the really cold weather as it hits hard enough to throw stuff off the dash. Matt's tow tune will probably be what I run through the winter on the ice. You can fit 10 tunes I would get that pack from matt and get a couple more from other people. The next tune I buy will be from WPE to try it out.
SRL was not the reason for your crappy 3-5 shift...

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I've ran the spd (TSD), xtreme x (IDP), and srl (GH) all with different setups. My favorite power was xtreme x, favorite trans strategy was srl. I wasn't happy with spd personally.

Latest posts