Turbine wheel sizes...

TARM

Reaction score
Everything I have seen from HRT has me believing he likes spinning high RPMS comparatively.

TARM

Reaction score
My guess is that's because there is a lot more to pulling than just having X amount of HP/TQ

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I keep thinking about this.... Seems like it would be a bitch to spool and snuff at the big end bad in the 2.6 class unless I'm turning some crazy rpm with heui...

I'm not twisting your arm. There is more to it than the size of the wheel - its about the whole setup and approach. I just know what I would do if I wanted to be a contender in today's 2.6 class.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
I spun out sat with my 2.6 cover on a good track at about 27-2800 rpm with the big exhaust side i have. On the street it doesnt spool till about 2700.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
HAHAHA. Id tend to agree, I think he leaves the line at 5k and pulls 4200

Lets not get it any crazier than it was.

1) I often left the line at 4500.
2) I often pulled the truck down to the 3800-4200 RPM range depending on track, sled setup, and gear selection.
3) 5K RPMs was seen on the street quite a few times the highest my recall tach ever recorded was 5650 RPMs.

I miss the days of doing the 4wd 30psi test launches on the back service road at Scheid's..... good times.

Latest posts

Members online