Turbo and Injector questions

PStroked444

Reaction score
Personaly for now I would suggest saving your money to get what you want. I am running AC's and stock turbo. I only gained A great sounding truck and low to mid power. With the .84 housing it is choking the truck. You will never get the full potential of the injectors. Save for the 38r and AC's then throw them on at the same time. Plus you will save on the tuning and only get it burned once. Just save the money....:thumbup:

JMHO

CJ

TARM

Reaction score
If I put injectors on any truck as long as this was going to get a tune on it ,no matter what the use was going to be, I would NEVER pay for injectors with stock nozzles. I can not see a single reason and that includes price.

160cc/30%
238/100% hybrids

Would be the two suggestions. If you go to 100% no reason not to get the benefits hybrids offer. Price dif as so small relative to working on these trucks I do not see the point. If you do not have it save up as was suggested and I agree with.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Well thanks guys, Ive been rethinking things a little. Which is why Im trying to figure out the best way to go long before I ever get the $$ together. One of which is the turbo, Im starting to play with the idea of a t4 mount turbo. Specifically the S366 and going that way if I ever decide to go bigger, theres plenty of options.

I know I should go with Irates kit, but if anyone has more specific info on biulding my own mounting kit, I have a buddy that has access to pretty much everything to fab. Ive been starting to lean toward getting the injectors straight from Full Force and depending on if I can make my own turbo kit, Ive been playing with the idea of everyones favorite suggestion---- Hybrids.

If I go that far I just fear for my tranny. Its plan at this moment is to get rebuilt with a Transgo Tugger kit installed. Yes I know that BTS would be ideal, but at this time I dont know for sure how long it will be before I can even get everything together to even do this biuld. It could be months or even a year or so depending on what comes up between now and then. So any other suggestions while my trannys getting rebiuld to prep it would be appreciated on top of this.

And agian thanks for all the input already guys, theres the reason I love this site. Oh and Vander I'll keep that in mind to about the srp-1.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Just call irate and get a package price. You'll never regret it and you'll save quite a bit. Then you could have a goal to work toward and save up for. He has everything you will ever need. Injectors, studs, even tunes from matt or cale. Going with one person means a better deal in the long run and less headaches.

Good luck even building your own for less than $2,250 for a complete bolt in setup including turbo. I figured it up when I was doing my build.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if he has access to "free" materials, and all he has is fab time in, and he has fab skills, all he has is the turbo. the turbo is the cheap part. mount kit would be free. so, yes he can do it for less. if he bills himself for his own time, and factors that in, its more expensive. it'll take you a bit to do it. and you would almost need to pull the motor. i cannot imagine even attempting to do that on the truck.

as opposed to the s366, you might check into the qssb from wop.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Just call irate and get a package price. You'll never regret it and you'll save quite a bit. Then you could have a goal to work toward and save up for. He has everything you will ever need. Injectors, studs, even tunes from matt or cale. Going with one person means a better deal in the long run and less headaches.

Good luck even building your own for less than $2,250 for a complete bolt in setup including turbo. I figured it up when I was doing my build.

Well when I posted this thread, Jake pmed me and we have been going back and forth. I will say though for the amount of customer service in the way of helping a guy out thats not quite ready to buy, because of $$. Hes right on top of it like Ill be buying as soon as I have a quote. To me that speaks volumes of how he cares for customers and future customers. Ive got a pm to him right now for a quote on everything, chip, injectors, turbo and mounting kit. Then comes the fun of getting the wife not to complain about it!! LOL

if he has access to "free" materials, and all he has is fab time in, and he has fab skills, all he has is the turbo. the turbo is the cheap part. mount kit would be free. so, yes he can do it for less. if he bills himself for his own time, and factors that in, its more expensive. it'll take you a bit to do it. and you would almost need to pull the motor. i cannot imagine even attempting to do that on the truck.

as opposed to the s366, you might check into the qssb from wop.

Most of the materials Id probably have to buy, but the time and anything else would be free. Holding off on the DIY idea for now, of coarse things can change. Ill do some looking into the QSSB though.

Latest posts

Members online