Turbo and pump swap, doesn't feel like much power difference

Reaction score
Just did the MPD 369 kit with a 15 pump on my truck with all the metal piping. Running Midwest tunes.
Truck just doesn't seem like it makes that much more power than it did stock. When the turbo spools it feels good but I figured with going from stock with ******** tunes to turbo and pump swap with tunes the truck would be a hell of a lot quicker. I raced a car that beat me by about two cars at the track while stock last night and with the new setup I only gained enough to be at his back bumper. Do they really not gain that much?
And any other good non-Vgt tunes out their? Especially for trans since mine has a horrible hesitation that bounces you in the truck when crusing around 45, 60, and 75 an I was told it's nothing to do with their tune even after I switched back to ******** tunes the trans works fine.

Reaction score
Don't know trap speed or time. Our tracks timing tower burned to the ground so they only have been having no prep flashlight drags for about 2 months now.

No more fuel for me. My luck is already bad enough as it is to need anymore fuel.

sootie

Reaction score
Stupid question but you are doing a boosted launch correct?

Reaction score
Hard to do boosted launch being a 2wd truck. But I'm leaving out on about 15psi. On the roll we did i foot braked it to 20psi, same out come in the race.

Notneb

Reaction score
Hard to diagnose without hard data... Just car lengths isn't going to help, or tell us anything. Try doing some runs with someone timing you and record the trap speed. Even a drag app would be better info than what you're giving us.

Reaction score
I can't go back and do a drag app with a stock turbo.
The only time my truck saw the track with the stock turbo and had times were when my truck was 4x4. Since then I've swapped the truck to 2wd suspension and no longer can launch like I used to.
Truck ran 14.3 at 94.7mph when it was 4x4.
The car I raced at the track was on radials vs my stock turbo.
When we raced last night he was on street tires and spun and I still couldn't run him down.
My truck doesn't spin from a dig. Or a roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroked6.7

Reaction score
Maybe try mpd tuning for there set up, look at my mods, mpd s366 with the 15 pump and there tuning and between 30 and 40 lbs of boost your ass is planted and you are at a 100 with a snap of your fingers

Reaction score
A friend had the MPD tunning on his truck and it was way too smokey for my taste. I get that it'll have to smoke some now. But his was horrible just to drive in town with.
I'm at 38psi usually during a run. It feels like it got faster. It throws you in the seat more. But that don't mean anything when I'm still getting beat by the same car with my truck making loads more power and him having a harder time out of the hole.
Guess I'm gonna have to wait till next year till they fix the timing system to really see.

Powerstroked6.7

Reaction score
Maybe you have other issues with your truck mine runs pretty clean, just a puff when you get on it, and no smoke normal driving or idleling, I get more smoke out of my crank case dump then from the tune

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yeah honestly you should see a SIGNIFICANT jump in power and it should be VERY noticable. that turbo with dual fuel should be easily making 42+ psi .

Reaction score
That's how my current tune is right now. Has some smoke during spool. But as soon as it spins up the smoke clears up to nearly none and off she goes.
The truck felt like it got a huge increase in power. But doesn't perform like it did.
I'm at 1638 PW and holding rail pressure at 28k. Everything is telling me the truck is in go mode. But it just doesn't perform.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I don't see how you aren't just spinning with that setup. If I'm not in 4wd all my truck does is spin and I'm on 37s with 3.55 gears. Hell a boosted launch will spin all 4..

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Are you sure the car you raced maybe didn't have little extra in it if he knew you hand new parts and he wanted to win? Also gaining 2 car lengths in a 1/4 mile is a pretty big improvement really.

Reaction score
I'm sure he didn't since I'm the one who built his car. He couldn't find the spark plugs on his LS so doubt he could've done anything himself to make the car faster. His car has never seen faster than a 13.4 and that's with him on radials on a prepped track.
He was on street tires. Spun and I still couldn't catch him.
Grabbed a new set of tunes today. I'll see how these treat me.

Inline6359

Reaction score
Since we went through this before, figure I'll ask. You did install ALL necessary gaskets with the kit, and not leave anything out that would cause a massive leak?LOL

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I'm sure he didn't since I'm the one who built his car. He couldn't find the spark plugs on his LS so doubt he could've done anything himself to make the car faster. His car has never seen faster than a 13.4 and that's with him on radials on a prepped track.
He was on street tires. Spun and I still couldn't catch him.
Grabbed a new set of tunes today. I'll see how these treat me.

You should definitely be quicker than a 13.4. I've ran that on some early 15 tunes on 37s.

Latest posts

Members online