Turbo drain question *Urgent*

alwaysdiesel

Reaction score
I'm in the process of finishing a HPFP replacement along with the gasket (shorted wires :fustrate:) I installed the turbos today with all new Orings and seals. I installed the low pressure turbo drain with the nipple side facing the turbo. I looked at a picture I took when I removed them and it was the other way around. Is it going to leak like this? I'm going to use callipers and measure the old one tomorrow to see if both ends are the same size. If they are, it technically should seal? Would like to know if I need to pull them off again before I drop the cab back down.

Thanks in advance, need an answer asap!

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Dumbass me installed the drain facing the wrong way on the LP turbo and the truck was driven around by an employee for almost a month until It came back for me to fix it. It did not leak one drop of oil when I had pulled it apart to fix it.

alwaysdiesel

Reaction score
I pulled it off this morning because I had no replies when I woke up. Good thing I did. I ended up crushing the other drain tube and I don't even think it was seated in the pedestal. I struggled with it yesterday, first trying to mount it with the dowels in the turbo then I had a fuel line keeping the compressor housing up higher than it should have been. All in all it didn't go smooth and I made a mistake I shouldn't have. The hold down clamps weren't lining up nicely and I should haven realized. Now I'm on the hunt for a drain tube :doh:

Latest posts

Members online