Turbo noise.

tiderancher

Reaction score
So after my upgrades and a bit of tuning I can hear my turbo spool down when shut down the truck. It sounds rough- kind of like grinding metal on metal. When I gunned her the other day and she spooled down there was a bizarre intermittent wha-wha-wha sound. I thought I blew up the turbo but she returned to normal. The truck has only 27K. Do you guys think this is the turbo bearing failing? Anyone else have this issue? What does your turbo sound like spooling down?

And to make things worse my basement has flooded for the past 4 days destroying a new computer, mattress and bunch of furniture.

tiderancher

Reaction score
Yeh. Shutter/shudder is a geat description. As while it spools down droping it's power it shutters and sounds different than it did stock. Yes? Or no? Anyone?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Gonna be a lot of changes that way with different tuning etc. I can get my turbo wastegate to shutter when the traction control turns on while driving, or just a quick half throttle acceleration and then let off the throttle too...

Last edited:

tiderancher

Reaction score
Well crazy. I guess I wont worry about it then which is good cuz I'm not ready to drop 4k on a turbo.

Latest posts

Members online