turbo options besides 38r

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
A smaller exhaust housing will help you.

No need for studs on a stock injector truck.

The 38r is very sufficient for you.

Dont be scared of an all out tune on a stock 7.3L. It limits itself fuel wise.

Does no one read my sig haha :shrug:? I have 238/80's

bruce

Reaction score
you could sell the 38r and all the stuff with it to an e99 guy and then upgrade to an s468

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
thats what im thinking, i have a buddy that has a massive uppipe leake going on and a turbo thats about shot and he's interested in my uppipes and 38r for 1400

CATDiezel

Reaction score
well ive already got the bellowed uppipes, have studs and stprings ready to be put in, already have the BTS, may send out the injectors to be upped from 238/80's to some 250/200's in the future. The reason i originally went with the 38r is 1. already had the bellowed uppipes, and 2. Everyone said it was a damn near bullet proof turbo. I dont have any issues with it except i cant seem to keep my egts down. And i hear that once you start getting up there in boost the back pressure really starts to climb

Depends on what your definition of up there in boost is. It looks like your doing a pretty healthy build. I was under the assumption you were on a budget.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Depends on what your definition of up there in boost is. It looks like your doing a pretty healthy build. I was under the assumption you were on a budget.

budget meaning as cheap as possible but not crap stuff lol. I believe in doing it right the first time, cutting corners just makes it to where you have to go back and do it again

Southmike

Reaction score
doorman pipes are bellowed and only 200 +/-, if yours are internationals then they are still 400+. but the dormans will do the same...little crude casting wise.
the 38r seem to be creeping back up in price too.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
I'd look at a Modded H2e will easily handle your inj's, tough as hell and spools quick..we have a complete kit with bellowed uppipes etc . PM me if I can help.

Latest posts

Members online