turbo question

strokin08

Reaction score
Ok guys my cab coming off next week and im still not sure what route I wanna go. The list of stuff that going on is egr delete, no limit cac pipe and elbow and arp studs. I'm wanting to do elite tow power atmosphere but not fully sure. My question is for people who have the elite turbo or batmowheel, how is the setup on both? I been hearing of the turbo not getting enough air cause some cai and its pulling filter minders in. I don't wanna have to worry about it not getting enough air and damaging it. I will be dd and towing with truck. Any help will be great. Thanks

strokin08

Reaction score
Anybody? I don't wanna make a mistake and not do it or do it and it not work right. Thanks any help will be greatly appreciated.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Call rudys as they have both available and build DD and all things in between. Them or maybe MPD as well for batmo info.

If you go batmo, get it balanced.
good luck.

black6.4

Reaction score
elites 71 is pretty sweet forsure....I installed the low press batmo on mine pretty simple instal....my filter minder never moved before...now it will compress about 80% but not enough to set off the light whistle is
s about 45%louder at 20 psi I'm sticking Witt that for now and installing a dual fueler and Nozzles here
Soon rode ina truck with stock turbos 100% over Nozzles and dual fueler and I was impressed

Last edited:

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
If you are gonna balance the batmo on your stock atmosphere turbo I would just put in the Tow-Power Atmosphere.

black6.4

Reaction score
I did not balance bullseye claims you don't have to from what i hear....butnot blanancing something that spins that fast makes no since.....I prob will have that done when cab comes off...call bullseye direct andhave Them ship a balanced one

strokin08

Reaction score
Ok thanks. They say to run either setup no wastsgate is needed. Has anyone figured out if its not really needed?

black6.4

Reaction score
I currently dont have a gate in mine not sure if I'm gonna yet when i install my fueler and Nozzles goin with 30 overs......do I need one for that setup? That I'm unsure of.......I don't know

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I would not balk at the Elite atmo. I personally have not seen the batmo wheel justify its cost in performance gains. If you can't afford the atmo, I'd highly suggest just saving up your money until you can. That's just me though

strokin08

Reaction score
I got the money to get it and that's the one I want. Just seeing opinions on both and whether or not ill have trouble with it gettin air. I have a banks cai right now will it flow enough or do I need to get an s&b or something? Thanks keep it up.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We have a customer here that has egr with wastegate and low pressure batmo that went 12.50 in the 1/4 with stcok transmisson he went fastest pass stock at 12.79

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I got the money to get it and that's the one I want. Just seeing opinions on both and whether or not ill have trouble with it gettin air. I have a banks cai right now will it flow enough or do I need to get an s&b or something? Thanks keep it up.

Right on. I think its a better buy for you, honestly. As far as the intake goes, I don't think I've seen anybody use a banks intake on a 6.4. Don't they have a sealed box with a fender scoop? I do know that the S&B setup works pretty well for most. Worst you could do is try it and see what happens with the Tow Power atmo

strokin08

Reaction score
They are in a sealed box but mine don't have a fender scoop. It was one of them things back in 08 when truck come out and aftermarket world wasn't good with these yet and banks said there's wouldn't throw codes and the rest would. Oh well lesson learned. I dont hear enough about them to know if it will even flow enough for elite atmo.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I would think that the Banks intake will not flow enough and will cause an issue. Some people with the S&B or AFE Stage II have problems even with not enough airflow and have to take the tops off the intake boxes. I would do a different setup like what WhiteMonster is making if you get a 71mm tow power atmo then you dont have to worry about airflow as you know it will be ok.

strokin08

Reaction score
I've talked to several people with good knowledge with this setup and they said that a s&b or afe will flow just fin e. So I'm probably just gonna go ahead and upgrade to one of them.

black6.4

Reaction score
Whats the big benifit of the 71 and stock fuel? Power and boost is there pretty quik with my truck...how much more can you really flow through the boost pipe inbeetween the two? I'm seeing 45/50 psi how much or what ar you gaining? How much more boost do you need without extra fuel? Them are my thaughts....no expert by any means.....I'd like to see rudys motor though when I pop my hood lol....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.