turbo setups for 225s or 250s????

7.3whiteout

Reaction score
Still haven't decided on injectors but I'm curious to see what kinda of power numbers you are getting with 225s and 250s and what turbo setup you have. And whether its a daily driver or not. Ive heard of guys daily driving 250s with the right tunes. But I'd still like to be able to tow. As of now I'm looking at retaining my factory turbo as low pressure and a s475 for high side.

JGman141

Reaction score
You have the turbos backwards, the 475 will be the low pressure turbo and the stock one will be the high pressure. I've personally never seen it work but that would be interesting if you did make it happen. I dd 285s daily but I'm in the process of switching to hybrids because the stroke of a 285 is to long for reliability, it's breaking the springs inside the injector. You Gould be fine even if you go with the 250s though. I can tell you that with my turbo there is no chance at towing anything without running crazy egts. There might be a slim chance you could run an s467.7 FMW and still be able to tow up to a certain point. Also another factor here is going to be the nozzle size you choose, I'd go with a 75 because you can still dump about 240cc at the top end.

7.3whiteout

Reaction score
You have the turbos backwards, the 475 will be the low pressure turbo and the stock one will be the high pressure. I've personally never seen it work but that would be interesting if you did make it happen. I dd 285s daily but I'm in the process of switching to hybrids because the stroke of a 285 is to long for reliability, it's breaking the springs inside the injector. You Gould be fine even if you go with the 250s though. I can tell you that with my turbo there is no chance at towing anything without running crazy egts. There might be a slim chance you could run an s467.7 FMW and still be able to tow up to a certain point. Also another factor here is going to be the nozzle size you choose, I'd go with a 75 because you can still dump about 240cc at the top end.

Would you run 250 conventional or hybrids in my case?

JGman141

Reaction score
You won't be able to maintain icp with either injector if you go conventional, so you would have to run a dual pump set up. IMO I would do a hybrid if you dead set on going with that big of injector, just because you won't need dual pumps. Towing 16k with a larger single is going to be questionable, may want to look into compounds.

imelmo

Reaction score
I've got a single 72mm non-vgt going on ZMBYKLR. Hoping it's right about 700. Should have actual numbers in a few weeks. Injectors are 285's iirc.

swinky

Reaction score
That's the first I've heard on springs breaking in big conventionals. looks like I may be doing hybrids after all.

It's kinda weird how the 7.3 guys always swear by hybrids but in the 6.0 world it's still a toss up.

Latest posts

Members online