turbo surge?

smokey73

Reaction score
this morning on my way to work i experienced turbo surge the rpm does not change but it sounds like im feathering the throttle, checked codes and have none. Under hard acceleration it works fine but normal street driving its a constant up and down any help would be great, truck is a 2003 6.0 f350 dually only mods are a 4 in exhaust

Harley Strokin'

Reaction score
Had something similar happen to a truck at work, hooked my edge to it and the vgt % was all over the place. Swapped in a known good vgt solenoid and that cleared it up. If you have a way to monitor vgt % thats where I would start.

smokey73

Reaction score
well had some one look at the truck that had a scan tool they said the veins in the turbo are stuck and told me $200 to clean it so guess what I'm doing Saturday morning, first time tearing into a vgt hope all goes well

Harley Strokin'

Reaction score
well had some one look at the truck that had a scan tool they said the veins in the turbo are stuck and told me $200 to clean it so guess what I'm doing Saturday morning, first time tearing into a vgt hope all goes well

Hmm sounded like the vanes were opening/closing, usually when they stick turbo will either overboost or underboost, but cleaning it is easy so that cant hurt and cheaper then a soleinoid

smokey73

Reaction score
well it worked the ring inside the turbo was stuck to the housing and found a bunch of rust, cleaned it up the best i could made sure everything moved free, put anti seize on everything and put it all back together and she works now

Mdub707

Reaction score
That's weird... glad you got it fixed up though!

Might want to pull the EBP sensor and tube and clean it out if it's never been done.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.