turbo surging

bigaF250

Reaction score
We bought a new 2012 1 ton dually this time last year and recently it has been surging like no other. It started doing it only when it was cold and now does it all the time. 40-50 mph in 5th-6th gear rolling into it. Any ideas? Truck is stock w/10.000 miles

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
basically you cant help that you have a bad turbo.. not all of them are. just a few good bad ones. i mean my dads went at 20k. started with surging. the other 6.7 at the shop got over 100k on the factory turbo. before it started surging before it lost its turbo. its hit and miss, sucks yours has happened early as well. good thing its still under warranty. just get it replaced if it goes.

bigaF250

Reaction score
Ya for sure. It just sucks, even after ya spend that kind of money on something. Oh well chit happens. Hey Eric what kind of deals can you get on injectors for a 6.0. bought one here a few weeks back and thinkin about what kind of crap I can throw at it.

Manytoys

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is surging? Also when the turbo craps out what happens to it and what is the resulting damage to the rest of the motor?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Hey Eric what kind of deals can you get on injectors for a 6.0. bought one here a few weeks back and thinkin about what kind of crap I can throw at it.

check our site or PM me if you want opinions on size

holderdownperformance.com

use PSA for a discount code.

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

bigaF250

Reaction score
Sounds good, thanks. Mantoys, I don't know the exact terminology for it but basicly it's air coming back out of the motor and surging(smashing) on the compressor wheel, causing it to stop and or break. Mine is jerkin and hopin when it starts doing it.

bigaF250

Reaction score
Hmm. I think Ford is gonna get a visit. I would do it but haha, no... Way to much computer chit for my likings. It seems like you can't even fart in these new pickups without a sensor going off haha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.