Turbo/turbo pedistal oil leak

rascal

Reaction score
Ok, about a year ago I installed an EBPV delete pedistal and 38R in my truck. Since then I have had a really annoying annoying oil leak. I recently pulled the turbo and added a little RTV to the o-rings; still leaked.

However, I think the pedistal to the block is my biggest leak so last night I pulled the turbo and the pedistal. I have new o-rings for both and plan on adding some RTV to them all. I am going to get new bolts for the pedistal today and plan on torquing everything to spec this weekend.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for installing the pedistal and the turbo so they will not leak? I will tighten the pedistal bolts in an "X" pattern and torque everything to spec. Just trying to get rid of this (my only leak) once and for all.

Thanks

Arisley

Reaction score
All I have ever done, was put a small dab of grease on the o-rings. Just enough to hold them in place, instead of falling out.

rusty1161

Reaction score
Ok, about a year ago I installed an EBPV delete pedistal and 38R in my truck. Since then I have had a really annoying annoying oil leak. I recently pulled the turbo and added a little RTV to the o-rings; still leaked.

However, I think the pedistal to the block is my biggest leak so last night I pulled the turbo and the pedistal. I have new o-rings for both and plan on adding some RTV to them all. I am going to get new bolts for the pedistal today and plan on torquing everything to spec this weekend.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for installing the pedistal and the turbo so they will not leak? I will tighten the pedistal bolts in an "X" pattern and torque everything to spec. Just trying to get rid of this (my only leak) once and for all.

Thanks

RTV on those orings could break loose, block oil and take out your turbo, among other things. I would stick to just grease to hold the orings in place.

Rusty

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Yeah, RTV is a no-no on o-rings. Too many issues can arise, and RTV is only supposed to be used where o-rings are not. Just dab some grease on them to hold them in place, like stated above, and tighten them to spec.

If it leaks again, I would check to make sure one or more of the mating surfaces are not warped.

Latest posts

Members online