Turbo upgrade service

Kurtisp

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this guy before? What do yall think?, pulled the turbo out of my 6.4 today and was going to send it off...just wanted some opinions

http://bit.ly/14cINZR

Btw....removal was a b&$ch!!

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
Apex. There is a few threads about them on here. I'm not sure if anyone on the site has actually ran them though.

loboost

Reaction score
Apex turbo

Yea they do more boosted gas engine stuff than diesel I believe. A buddy of mine has a boosted supra and has had them work on his setup more than once.

Kurtisp

Reaction score
The service they have listed on eBay for 1650 is a full rebuild with bigger or stock size billet compressor wheels, not sure which is better for what I want

neverkickn

Reaction score
For something like that, I can't imagine you would get better and faster service with them vs a site sponsor.

Those look to be stock sized billet wheel replacements, which is not necessarily better.

Diesel23

Reaction score
Site sponsors as in....?

site sponser , vendors or retailers that have paid for advertising on this wonderful web site , there is a ton of great sponsers on here , as well as a wealth of info to direct you in the right direction

Beans71086

Reaction score
Site sponsors as in....?

If your looking to rebiuld your stocker, Barder turbo does a great job in a timely manner. If your looking for a new aftermarket turbo that's larger than stock,(most ppl would recommend this if your looking for a boost in power) then RCD and Elite diesel would be your go to vendors on this site.

Edit: is that a single cab short bed in your pic?

Last edited:

Kurtisp

Reaction score
If your looking to rebiuld your stocker, Barder turbo does a great job in a timely manner. If your looking for a new aftermarket turbo that's larger than stock,(most ppl would recommend this if your looking for a boost in power) then RCD and Elite diesel would be your go to vendors on this site.

Edit: is that a single cab short bed in your pic?

Sure is, got it a couple days ago

Ipkyss

Reaction score
The price is appealing. But yet again it is eBay. While good deals are there. They are far and few between. Do your turbos need a rebuild or are you just looking for more power? If there still good. I would looking into upgrading the low pressure turbo to a 71-72mm.

More details on the truck too.

Kurtisp

Reaction score
qypata3u.jpg
use7emeq.jpg
ymavupeg.jpg
My goal is to run 12.50's or lower in the 1/4, I really dont want to go as far as getting whole new turbos, just getting these redone with bigger, billet wheels, (I need to send the turbos off anyway because I broke the linkage on the turbo for the wastegate accuator)

The truck started as a LWB or course, has innovative tunes, sun coast trans, traction bars, intake and exhaust, soon ill be lowering it down, with around 32" tires, (has 35" baja claws right now)

Last edited:

pog

Reaction score
i bet that thing could run 12.0 on just a tune. you broke the vgt accuator. no wastegate on these trucks. upgraded intercooler but stock cac pipe? hit up no limit fab.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online