Turbo V- clamp issue

Jimmyo86

Reaction score
Hello all,

I bought a 4'' turbo back exhaust and destroyed the original turbo band clamp getting it off. So I ordered a new one off of ebay that was a generic 3 inch one, since I thought the urbo exhaust outlet is 3 inches. Well it turns out that that is too small. So I returned it thinking I got the wrong part and ordered a new one off if riffraff, and it apears to be the OEM part. However, it is the same size as the ebay one, and so I ran into the same problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I just go ahead and buy a 4'' inch or is there a trick that I am missing. I don't see how this OEM one will ever fit one the exhaust, it is short by a good inch. Thanks for any help,

Jimmy

JMart

Reaction score
Can you get a picture? Been a long time since I worked on a 7.3.

Do you have the clamp loosened all the way? Is the downpipe seated on teh turbo properly? Have you test fit the clamp you got on either the turbo or the down pipe just to see how it fits without them being attached?

Jimmyo86

Reaction score
Always impressed at how quickly the help comes on this website.

I haven't even tried to hook up the down pipe to the turbo yet because I did the test fitting on both of the exhausts I have, and the turbo and it is clearly t0o small. I will go out and get a picture of it around the down pipe.

Jimmyo86

Reaction score
As you can see it is clearly the wrong size, but it is the OEM par, so it has me scratching my head.

Attachments

• DSC_0750.jpg
    DSC_0750.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 70

Jimmyo86

Reaction score
The truck is a 99, built in March of 99, I believe that makes it a "late model". I think it is stock, I put the clamp on the original exhaust and ran into the same issue. It is the work model and everything else was stock, so I doubt it had an aftermarket turbo. As you can see, I am kind of new to the scene.

Jimmyo86

Reaction score
Thank you ghohouston...I am an idiot. So is the down pipe collector 4inches? If so I'll just go cheap and get it off ebay.

Latest posts

Members online