turbo wont work

GrantsGarage

Reaction score
2004 f250 6.0 powerstroke with head studs egr delete cold air intake exhaust and sct tuner,
i just put on a new wiring harness and injector harness on the truck to solve the random cut off issue but my turbo will no cycle while i was putting the harness on i removed the turbo and cleaned the unison ring and vanes etc put everything together and the truck runs great but the turbo does no cycle at idle and only starts to build boost at anything above 2500 rpms? could this be the actualy solenoid in the vgt? no codes btw also all sensors have been cleaned

Csilva187

Reaction score
After you cleaned turbo did you by chance "cycle" it make sure it moved freely? Did you use a little antiseize?

GrantsGarage

Reaction score
yes by hand the unison ring rotated and the vanes closed freely and yes i aplied antiseize to it,

Seven.Three81

Reaction score
Its the turbo vgt the front small plug in could be ground causeing the vgt to open with no boost till high rpms trace the wire

97 7.3 ATS diesel

GrantsGarage

Reaction score
well sorry took so long to get back but i got it fixed, the exhaust back pressure sensor was bad, i had cleaned it and the hose but did not do any good seeing as the sensor was bad, but but a new one in it and the turbo cycled as soon as i started the truck, but when i did i found the up pipes wasnt seated fully and once i got it all tightened up that turbo is working great!
thanks for the help guys!

Latest posts

Members online