turbos on 6.7 suck

12superduty

Reaction score
so crusing down the highway yesterday and the turbo blew no explanation at all. has anyone else on here seen why they have been blowing up

Chris

Reaction score
We have had 1 f-250 and 1 f-450 (not cab and chassis) truck blow turbos. both were tuned and not ran easy, but far from abused as well. both trucks were earlier build dates for what its worth. I know on my 6.7 when the boost gets up there, it gets a different tone to it, much like a 7.3 does when its stock turbo is in its unhappy place.

Im wondering if the double sided compressor wheel needs a better bearing setup to handle high loads, due to its most likely heavier weight and different balance.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Talked to a guy from down in Macon, ga at the php dyno day who said they had a 6.7 truck that was used for hot shotting and it was eating the turbos every 4k miles, they have been looking for a reason why as they have another 6.7 that's identical that does fine... Be interested if someone comes up with a reason behind the turbo failures

01PSD

Reaction score
I'm pretty sick of hearing about it, they need to fix the $hit before it turns into a HUGE problem :fustrate:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
anyway to monitor back pressure on a 6.7?

Sounds to me like they are sensitive to overspeed, or they have an air filter issue

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
My dad has a 2012 F-250. Hopefully this doesn't become a common issue. His truck is stock (for now) and I know he runs his truck hard. Hopefully his holds up because I talked him into finally getting a 6.7L. lol

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
My 2011 has 30k on the clock and hasn't had an issue at all

I made sure I was knocking on wood as that was said above lol

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
our other shop 6.7 has 79k and almost all tuned... no issues there. but my dads started having turbo issues prior to tuning and it finally took a crap. should be out of the shop soon-tuner and intake will be going back on with some updated tunes from mike.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.