Twins or compounds.

Twan

Reaction score
To ask how they spool up is not what I'm wanting to ask.
I'm waiting to know how the low end power and take off power is, with a powermax and my trailer on a hill, 7-10% and 8000'+ It can take up to 2-4 seconds to start moving. Would a twin or compound setup take off better?
I can pull my trailer at 1300 rpms too, but the egts are getting to warm.

ajbond

Reaction score
More than likely the 11 blade single plane.. Did it help any with lag???

Twan

Reaction score
That sounds right.
Around town driven empty it did, not day and night. Pulling it helped a little, but I'm having to get my tunes changed too. It ran better in stock tune than my tow for a powermax.
The biggest thing I noticed with it was the turbo surge is 100% gone and my low end power is better. The truck will pull up hills (small) at as low as 1200rpms now. It down shifts less and is nicer to drive. It was worth the money to me, I have about 3000 miles towing on it, and another 2000 miles drive. It's been great so fare.

Twan

Reaction score
Also my friends wife drove it with a horse trailer, and had no complaint about turbo lag. Which before she didn't like the lag when driven.
My buddy also didn't notice any lag, which he would also notice and give me a hard time about. He's a old 6.0 owner.

ajbond

Reaction score
Mine wants to run 2500+ doesn't want to lug... funny. I tried the mtw hybrid and stg 1 with no luck. I am thinking about the barder stg 2.

ajbond

Reaction score
Some claim a ported intake helps the pmax. Which I have.. I have also heard the banks innercooler helps with lag and is on my soon to do list.. my hope is to tow 17k with 175/30 injectors..

Twan

Reaction score
I can say that I'm very happy with the way it helped my truck.
Not sure where your from, but if your around the Colorado area, or Dallas/fort worth area your welcome to check it out.

Twan

Reaction score
I have all that, the intake was worth it. Keeps my egts under control pulling my 5th wheel. The turbo wheel and intercooler didn't help with the temps, that I noticed, and I installed them at the same time. I pulling all kinds of stuf, my 5th is 18k last time I went out, and It pulled great, the biggest trouble I have is my water and oil temps if it gets windy, as long as I'm under 2500 rpms they stay safe, get over 2500 and they go up fast.
I was moving dirt around town, 16,000-17,000 and had no trouble with any temps, had a 3 mile drive at 50 mph, the rest was under 35mph
What part of Utah?

1fastTRX

Reaction score
I noticed a difference in spooling from the normal <1000 ft elevation where I live to about 7000 ft where we traveled to this weekend. It was noticeable. I was also in really twisty hills which made the climb a constant on throttle/off throttle affair. Once we got down to normal elevation (normal for me) it was much better. I shouldn't have left it in the race tune either though. The converter kept locking. I'm sure the street or tow tune would've fueled much better for the type of driving.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Everyone I've spoken too that has installed the banks intercooler WITH the larger boost tubes, has had a decrease in spool up. The larger piping seems to be the culprit.

Twan

Reaction score
Everyone I've spoken too that has installed the banks intercooler WITH the larger boost tubes, has had a decrease in spool up. The larger piping seems to be the culprit.

I've heard the same, I have the boots I need to put my stock pipes back on to test that. It will be October before I get a chance to.

ajbond

Reaction score
Sorry Twan. . I didnt mean to derail your thread..
where can one find the cac boots needed.. hate to pull my riff raffs..

Stainless

Reaction score
How about you buy a procharger. Instant boost and a towing monster. Besides, I don't even believe that you tow jack **** with that truck...

Stainless

Reaction score
That truck tows about as well as you handle your alcohol....

1016065_543086055748607_2068573911_n.jpg

LOL LOL LOL This is great knowing you can't post pictures from your phone. LOL LOL LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.