Twins vgt with non vgt...

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
the injectors on MPD's vgt compound setup were 225/100's with the stock vgt turbo and a s472 like you mentioned with a 40mm jgs waste gate. I remember MPD saying that it towed awesome with low smoke and low egts.

Yeah I thought they were 190s or 225s. Couldn't remember. It's been so long. That thing did run very cool and clean for sure. Not sure how much they towed with it but it drove phenomenally once the tuning was dialed in on it. Very little smoke.

strokin6L

Reaction score
For some reason Greg said Craig didn't care for the setup. I bet that's probably because Craig is pretty partial to non vgt compounds rather than vgt....but idk.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
For some reason Greg said Craig didn't care for the setup. I bet that's probably because Craig is pretty partial to non vgt compounds rather than vgt....but idk.

I think it was pretty finicky. That setup was on the truck long before Greg worked there but I'm sure he knows info on it. I personally liked driving it, but is it something I would put on my own truck? No way.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
They work well, and were good for drivability, but to maximize it, its beneficial to have a gate on it.

NORCAL6.0

Reaction score
Will it matter if I have a BB turbo or a journal bearing... The setup I think I'm going with is... Stage 1 garret with a S472... 190/100... John woods heavy tow tranny... Not sure where I will buy the sticks from yet... Warren, rcd...

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Will it matter if I have a BB turbo or a journal bearing... The setup I think I'm going with is... Stage 1 garret with a S472... 190/100... John woods heavy tow tranny... Not sure where I will buy the sticks from yet... MPD, OR RCD ...

Fixed that for you lol, well if you want the best injectors that is...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you need anything let me know, I will be sure to get you whatever you need. Thanks Josh for the referrals greatly appreciated.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
it dpends on what youre doing, what you mentioned, its a waste of time.

Latest posts

Members online