Twins vs single.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Why would you wanna run a single vs twins if you have the fuel.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I wouldnt. My wetdream is a set of compounds...I just dont know that it'll happen. Ive got a 38r on my 7.3 and Im settling into the idea of running 300's with it and gating the piss out of it and having a 450-500hp dd. If I built a motor, i.e., the bottom end, Id run them for sure. No doubts.

If I do compounds its gonna have to be home design, engineered and fabbed. My shop is still waiting for the insurance man to pay for the flood damage to it and I dont have a tig.

I like the idea of having boost at 1500 rpms until I run out of rpms....nice flat hp graph

windrunner408

Reaction score
you may not have the supporting mods for twins. i.e. built trans. or you may not have the money for the second turbo maybe.

If you are looking for a performance reason, I cant think of a reason (performance wise anyways) that you would only ever want a single turbo. Just my $.02

TyCorr

Reaction score
you may not have the supporting mods for twins. i.e. built trans. or you may not have the money for the second turbo maybe.

If you are looking for a performance reason, I cant think of a reason (performance wise anyways) that you would only ever want a single turbo. Just my $.02

Most trucks dont have the right shizzle for an upgraded single either. Trans and fuel upgrades are standard for any larger than stock turbos. People wrecking drivetrains with just a tuner out there.

Which brings us to the best point:If you cant afford to tear it up you probably shouldnt mod it. Although this is the least fun of the possible scenarios.

windrunner408

Reaction score
exactly! Most rules will only allow a single charger unless you pull in an unlimited class.

Ah ha. That makes sense. So for us real world, DD/Street/Drag/Towing trucks, if we could swing it should really look at twins for the utmost in performance.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Compounds for anything that wants to be as clean as possible with as much power potential as possible you will have all the air you would want for any towing or street application, now just choose how aggressive you really want to be with your injector.....
Alot of people don't have the time or patience to fab up their own set of compounds and I can tell you from experience you had better have everything laid out down to the T of what you will need and how exactly you are going to go about it or your gonna have alot of head scratching going on and tons of frustration..

TyCorr

Reaction score
Screw the porcharger...its a solution to a problem that doesnt really exist...

windrunner408

Reaction score
Compounds for anything that wants to be as clean as possible with as much power potential as possible you will have all the air you would want for any towing or street application, now just choose how aggressive you really want to be with your injector.....
Alot of people don't have the time or patience to fab up their own set of compounds and I can tell you from experience you had better have everything laid out down to the T of what you will need and how exactly you are going to go about it or your gonna have alot of head scratching going on and tons of frustration..

I know when/if I get ready to do compound turbos, I am going to try and fab everything myself. It takes longer sometimes but at least you know it was done your way.

Extended Power

Reaction score
A single turbo will "Hit" harder then a set of twins...but twins have the smooth pulling action that just doesn't quit pulling until you lift your right foot off the pedal.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Plus, having well over 500hp to tow with is nice I'm sure. And cost is definetly a factor. Not to mention, having a spare vehicle to get by with in the meantime.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.