Two OTA coolers

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Found a big tranny cooler at Napa for fifty bucks I put it in after my stock one and am seeing temps bout 200 degrees when its 90 outside going 80 mph with about a thousand pounds in the bed. Does this make sense? Temps before were about 180. Would having two coolers make it worse??

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Do you have any kinks in the line or potential blockages that have arisen because of the install? Did you add in additional fluid to take into account the extra volume of the new cooler?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I'm with arisley. I think he means the actual lines of the cooler, the actual cooler itself that run across the fins. They might be a restriction.

Jason, my 6.0 cooler holds less then a quart of the top of my head. Would it really make that much difference being a little on the low side ?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm with arisley. I think he means the actual lines of the cooler, the actual cooler itself that run across the fins. They might be a restriction.

Jason, my 6.0 cooler holds less then a quart of the top of my head. Would it really make that much difference being a little on the low side ?

Yes - Arisley means the actual cross lines built into the cooler.

The big cooler I installed on my Dmax probably holds 1-1.5 quarts or so, plus fluid loss during install, etc.... so if you add a cooler and it doesn't provide additional cooling and there are no kinks or restrictions - the next question is is there sufficient fluid to cool. Just a question that I figured needed to be asked. I know when I installed mine I also used larger lines (replaced all the fittings and everything) and that also used quite a bit more fluid.

Latest posts

Members online