Tyrant and gh tune race file

04cr450

Reaction score
So as my ocd gets to me 24-7... Question, this tyrant race file feels like i gained 75hp over the gh race file(exaggeration i know). How does Cale do it? (Or if he writes the tunes who knows now). Is it done with more timing hence the more smoke output? If that is the case are these files safe to run? Longevity going to be an issue? Any guys on here been running tyrant for a long while now?

Kxc

Reaction score
So as my ocd gets to me 24-7... Question, this tyrant race file feels like i gained 75hp over the gh race file(exaggeration i know). How does Cale do it? (Or if he writes the tunes who knows now). Is it done with more timing hence the more smoke output? If that is the case are these files safe to run? Longevity going to be an issue? Any guys on here been running tyrant for a long while now?

I did some data logs a while back. The tyrant race file had about .5 degree more timing than the PIP file I had at the time. Tyrant is definitely smokey especially when hitting a grade if it doesn't downshift right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score

Tyrant puts down less on the dyno so I dunno. Lol. I had the opposite experience.

I have no problem running both of the newest race tunes back to back on the dyno if anyone is curious.

Jomax

Reaction score
You have dyno results from both ?

Cory at Diesels and More ran the tune I'll try to see if he has a sheet.

ckrueg

Reaction score

More timing would result in less smoke all else the same. Its probably because of different VGT and Boost settings in the tune

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we've consistently see higher #'s out of the gh race, usually its 5-10 hp over anything else , but the ******* beat the gh by 5 or more as well .

treatcg

Reaction score

How does trans shifting compare? I am doing the weight loss soon and on the fence on which tunes to get.

04cr450

Reaction score
Trans shifting is perfect on my truck(tyrant). Shifting is firm and the trans does not search for gear selection when around 40-50 mph. The gh tunes are awesome power wise i just couldnt get the trans shifting corrected-it would constantly search for gear selection at around 40-50 and when coasting to a stop the trans would downshift similar to a jake brake.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Tyrant puts down less on the dyno so I dunno. Lol. I had the opposite experience.

I have no problem running both of the newest race tunes back to back on the dyno if anyone is curious.

brother just make sure it is NOT another mobile dyno!!

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I need to update my tuning. i am on street pip level 2 or whatever. thinking that shift on the fly was in the cards this week, might wait now

Jomax

Reaction score
I need to update my tuning. i am on street pip level 2 or whatever. thinking that shift on the fly was in the cards this week, might wait now

Yeah, you need new tuning. You're still running PIP!?!?!?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Interesting... I am gonna have to try ********.

I am running Tyrant and TSD... Tsd makes about 4hp and 11tq more.

I thought both tunes shifted great, but TSD feels more crisp rather than clunky.

slc6oh

Reaction score
fwiw,my tyrant sotf clean 40-200 tune setup, and light weight exhaust on my 15' is perfect. even just on level 1, its amazing the change it made. little to no smoke, shifts seem great, fuel mileage is dramatically improved it seems as well. but ive only logged like 25mi though so far. will be towing the toy hauler tomorrow so ill have a solid opinion.

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
Interesting... I am gonna have to try ********.

I am running Tyrant and TSD... Tsd makes about 4hp and 11tq more.

I thought both tunes shifted great, but TSD feels more crisp rather than clunky.

Charlie do you have a 6.7 to play with now? Are you working on some spinny things for us? :p

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
fwiw,my tyrant sotf clean 40-200 tune setup, and light weight exhaust on my 15' is perfect. even just on level 1, its amazing the change it made. little to no smoke, shifts seem great, fuel mileage is dramatically improved it seems as well. but ive only logged like 25mi though so far. will be towing the toy hauler tomorrow so ill have a solid opinion.

yeah you have a great tunes. but i believe the discussion here is about the sct stuff , so it's a bit different .

Latest posts

Members online