U1900 Code assistance

Crushor

Reaction score
Good day all,

A couple weeks ago I installed an turbo back 4" off road exhaust on my 2007 F-250 Powerstroke. Where I live there is no emissions testing. So in short the cat and muffler have been removed.

I have driven the truck off and on for the last two weeks with no signs of any changes. Yesterday I experienced a check engine light. I read the codes for it and showed a P0404 and P0405, which are both EGR codes. Having these codes I assumed (and you know what that does) hat it was due to less back pressure in the system.

The last code that I had was U1900 which stated a "can bus failure." This was read after I felt a misfire condition under load at 70mph. I cleared the codes, however I am still having a misfire conditional around 70mph.

I need to find a quality handheld reader as mine is very basic and I don't have a pc in order to use an Auto Enginuity scanner. Any thoughts on a quality hand held? I am looking at an Actron 9580. Not sure if this is a good reader/diagnostic or not. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently interested in fixing the misfire first. Haven't checked the battery voltages yet, although the batteries are About 16 months old. About a year ago, Ford told me that my FICM was bad and changed it under warranty.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
There is no way a simple exhaust change affected anything. Your problems are elsewhere. ****** the egr for starters

78f100

Reaction score
U codes are usually nothing to worry about. Could be simple as the battery being disconnected

Crushor

Reaction score
Great. Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. I did purchase a code reader this evening. I got a Bosch 1300. Not to the level of Auto Enginuity, but certainly above the Walmart version that I bought a while ago.

Latest posts

Members online