Ultimate Callout Challenge

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Someone could build a fiberglass body, tube chassis ford with a 6.7 and a 4R100 to compete with.. But it takes someone that thinks on that same level to do that. Same reason he went back to back at DPC, thinking from the ground up rather than put the biggest effing turbos you can find on some regular ass street truck and just blowing it up and crashing into ****.

Snyder Performance is doing a 6.7 powerstroke rail

78f100

Reaction score
I hope the ford's do well in this, it's not always the biggest power that wins. Lavon is for sure gonna be hard to beat, if he wins he deserves it. He is doing some really cool stuff. I say good luck to everyone in this thing, lots of new ideas in all 3 brands being tried out for this competition, it's good for our sport all the way around.

Kind

Reaction score
Someone could build a fiberglass body, tube chassis ford with a 6.7 and a 4R100 to compete with.. But it takes someone that thinks on that same level to do that. Same reason he went back to back at DPC, thinking from the ground up rather than put the biggest effing turbos you can find on some regular ass street truck and just blowing it up and crashing into ****.

6.7 or 6.4. Either motor is a good candidate for a proper competition chassis. The advantage of the 6.7 is it's lighter and has better heads. But the 6.4 is more stout in the bottom end.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
6.7 or 6.4. Either motor is a good candidate for a proper competition chassis. The advantage of the 6.7 is it's lighter and has better heads. But the 6.4 is more stout in the bottom end.

Either one would do fine in a light enough vehicle.

Kind

Reaction score
Either one would do fine in a light enough vehicle.

Yep. I think either motor can be competitive in the middle weight classes.

Us diesel heads will never be taken too seriously while we continue to try and move 7000lbs plus down the 1/4 rather then build lighter weight platforms just like the gas cars do. We are getting past the smokey trails all the way down the track and have to now focus on the safety/liability of going 140mph+ in a heavy truck. There really should be max weight limits at certain speeds.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Yeah well Lavon is outrunning his cage cert and the track officials were definitely taking notice.

I think super street is going to have to turn into an 8.50 index, because there is no current SFI spec for a 4500lb truck going faster than 8.50

Kind

Reaction score
Yeah well Lavon is outrunning his cage cert and the track officials were definitely taking notice.

I think super street is going to have to turn into an 8.50 index, because there is no current SFI spec for a 4500lb truck going faster than 8.50

Other then ditching the remainder of his chassis rails I don't know where he would have room to gain with a truck configuration unless he went 2wd. 4wd will start to impose itself once speeds get much faster. Miss Misery was trying to deal with those impositions. I'm unaware if they ever got it so the back end wasn't trying to race the front end.

Imagine the H&S Lightning gutted like Lavons truck...

Halestorm55

Reaction score
It's tough to put your cards in a different hat when you are committed in other areas.

That is one way that is helping lavon for sure. There are a lot of great shops with amazing trucks in and it seems like only 2 or 3 from what I have seen are actually going for a podium in all three events. Whatever the outcome it is all good for the industry. You would think someone would fit a strong pulling rigs engine in a truck with a bulletproof 4 speed auto and a chassis like lavon or Derrick and have everything be modular so you could switch after you are done with the event in a few hours. If there is a second one I foresee a lot more of that. Maybe even a series of events?

looking up parts

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lavon said his weight box should be finished and they're making a private test hook before UCC... weight limit is 8500 for pulling so I'll be curious ti see where they put it.
all on the nose if they can keep the front axle from turning into a claymore...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
all on the nose if they can keep the front axle from turning into a claymore...

live life full throttle

That would be interesting, they have suspension stops on the rear but the front will still have the little dinky afco shocks valved and sprung for drag racing, I wonder how much load those things can take.. Or what they have planned for the front suspension to make it take more weight

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
a70d0f609e708c0b522c7feee2e66dc5.jpg

slc6oh

Reaction score
Id bet they put a strut in inplace of the front shocks. Kinda like a cheap hardtail job on a motorcycle.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That would be interesting, they have suspension stops on the rear but the front will still have the little dinky afco shocks valved and sprung for drag racing, I wonder how much load those things can take.. Or what they have planned for the front suspension to make it take more weight
front stops strapped or bolted solid.. kinda makes it rigid like the ntpa big dogs..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.