unicorn HPOP guy

hucorey

Reaction score
That isnt Robert Mullins, I know him. Thread got shut down before I seen it. But I have a very very good idea on where that guy is coming up with those pics and supposed claims because I know exactly where that flow bench tester is located. LOL.

hucorey

Reaction score
He's not getting them directly from Robert. I talk to him about once a week. I know what they flow test too, and none of them have ever gone over 5.63gpm that I know of. I think hes buying them from Dipacco, as that is who Robert deals with the most. These pumps are just plain OEM replacement pumps. They are not adverised as performance pumps. Although 5.5gpm will support 250/200's just fine.

Although Robert does have some stuff in the works though on getting more gpm out of them. But only R&D will prove if the stock housing will hold up. I sure hope it does.

Edit: unless hes really has only bought 1 and is claiming he has sold a bunch.

Last edited:

hucorey

Reaction score
That pic the dude posted (the screen shot of the flow bench result of one of the pumps) was a pic that he stole from Robert on FB.

And the pump replacement parts are OEM from Rexroth.

Whatever that tard was trying to do as a sales pitch was obviously hanging himself. He really had no idea what he was talking about until he went and asked someone else for advice.

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
So MB is not a pump builder either? Is anyone building pumps or just distributing dipaco pumps?

hucorey

Reaction score
So MB is not a pump builder either? Is anyone building pumps or just distributing dipaco pumps?
Its a kind of complicated. And to keep the politics out of it shoot me a PM. For the record, they are not Dipacco pumps. Dipacco is this shops biggest buyer. They do roughly 300 pumps a month. He personally does not build them, but he is working with a machine shop on modded blocks for a "performance pump". But there will be lots of testing ever before they hit the market, if they ever hit the market. Everyone knows its not easy to make a higher flowing hpop in a stock housing. It may not be until later thus fall. Im kind of working with him. He seems to me to be an honest guy and Im willing to help guide him in the right direction so he doesnt dig a huge hole like rockstarr. Lmao.

This honestly was a back burner project for my shop, but if I can get a reliable pump and great dealer service, then he can have at it. Ive got plenty to do. ;)

If Stealth only knew how to run the customer service side of a business, he wouldnt be in the mess he's in.

hucorey

Reaction score
Rockstarr is Anthony Copenhaver. He did indeed buy a pump off Robert quite awile before MB Diesel became a "real" business according to the gooberment.

superpsd

Reaction score
Not to bring this back up but are M.B. diesels claims legit? I mean they have a lot more proof on their page that they are actually building pumps. There claiming oem reman pumps with a kick at over 5gpm(145° oil per the screenshot of the readout).

m j

Reaction score
Not to bring this back up but are M.B. diesels claims legit? I mean they have a lot more proof on their page that they are actually building pumps. There claiming oem reman pumps with a kick at over 5gpm(145° oil per the screenshot of the readout).

pump rpm 2838 = 3338 crank rpm = 5.398 gpm by the math

I think that number is attainable, the math says 5.7gpm theoretically possible @ 3000rpm pump speed
pump spins 85% of crank? so crank is spinning only 3500rpm to get there

what I find odd is this 3.6 claim for OEM. where does this number come from?

he has some .500 piston pics on facebook so I am going to scan his page briefly to see if there is going to be a big pump

m j

Reaction score
wow, just f'ing wow

MBmoron_zpsve5c4vrn.png

so the void in the center of the piston somehow controls the oil flow through the pump??
and some folks are buying this guys stuff?

bad12jr

Reaction score
Not that I know I alot about these pumps but am I correct understanding that the only way to increase volume is to increase piston and orifice size? Swash plate angle increases pressure? The same style pumps are used in lawn mower transmissions and that was my understanding of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
pumps do not pump pressure
pressure is a measure of restriction
volume is increased by increasing the bore or the stroke

superpsd

Reaction score
It's an axial piston pump just as the pumps found on most hydraulic systems. The hpop is fixed displacement most larger hydraulic pumps are variable displacement pumps. Most have an adjustemt screw on the pump that adjusts the swashplate angle for more or less stroke.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online