Up Pipe and Header Size

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Alright I know there are people out there that are smarter than me and have degrees in engineering and such, so on an all out pulling truck would there be any benifit to going with a 2.25 or 2.5" up pipe and collector tube on the headers? I know it effects spool up time but on a pulling truck I dont care, what Im worried about is overall flow and if it will cause any problems snuffing a set of BIG twins. I can make the headers and up pipes no big deal there, just takes time.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
With stock being 1.875 I don't think 2" will give you much benefit. It may drop backpressure and improve top end flow (what you are looking for) by going to a 2.25 or 2.50 up pipe. Id do 2.25 if anything

TyCorr

Reaction score
2.76 sq in. vs 3.98 sq in is a pretty drastic difference, imo. That is your cross sectional area of a 1.875" vs 2.25" pipe. 2" might be all you'd need. I think you'd need to determine if what you have is a restriction firstly. Granted at idle up to 1500 rpm it probably isnt.

Taking that a step further, if you are just going to wind it up and dump the clutch why not go to a 3" setup?

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
what is the cross sectional diameter of one t6 volute? Id say make it as close to that as possible after more thought, if indeed you are going with a t6 turbine

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
what is the cross sectional diameter of one t6 volute? Id say make it as close to that as possible after more thought, if indeed you are going with a t6 turbine

That was kind of my reasoning behind it, Im just not sure if the reduced volocity due to the larger diameter will have a negitave effect on things.

Latest posts

Members online