upgrade 38r

big johnson

Reaction score
I have to pull my turbo off my truck because the ebpv is starting to get stuck. So I figured while I have it out I might as well do what I can to get the most I can out of it before the pulling season starts, I was thinking about like a bigger housing and maybe a new compressor wheel but Im not too sure what will be best for me so any input would be great

4duggan

Reaction score
Yes and with the 1.15 you will need the adapter where the butterfly valve is now. Beans or Full Force can get them for you. Was one in the classifieds not long ago.

farm boy

Reaction score
what was the biggest thing that you noticed when you went to the 1.15?

I know you weren't talking to me, but Ill answer anyways...

My back pressure seems to stay in check with the 1.15. I didn't have a gauge when I had the 1.0 housing, but with the 1.15, at 35 psi boost, Im at about 40 psi drive. My gauge is clogged right now, so I need to get some decent readings to post up.

Also, the truck seems to pull harder higher up in the rpm range than it did with the smaller housing.

Over all, I like the housing better than the 1.0. Still spools good too.

big johnson

Reaction score
I talked to swamps and he said to get the 1.15 housing but not to get the batmowheel he said they havent heard anything positive yet

Latest posts

Members online