Upgraded 5R110 solenoids

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
Has anybody used the upgraded direct clutch solenoid? If so, did you upgrade any of the other solenoids at that time? Just trying to save the tranny until its time for a full trans upgrade. Thanks for your help.

sootie

Reaction score
i have used Steve from Absolutes and i only changed that solenoid.

is your truck tuned?

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
Ya its spartan tuned, completely deleted with 4" downpipe and 4" exhaust. Just wanting to firm up the shifts a little and prolong the life of the trans. How do you like the upgrade? Worth the money?

sootie

Reaction score
dunno,, i took it out once i got good tuning. i dont really worry about a 150.00 parts expenditure.

unfortunatly, you cant get custom tunes for the spartan, you need h&s or SCT. i thought spartan typically shifted real hard??

it wont firm up all the shifts-only the 3-5.

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
It does shift pretty hard. I didnt know if the upgraded solenoid would help anything. I had read a few places the stock solenoid doesn't allow enough fluid through to quickly engage the direct clutch.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Only solenoid that gets upgraded is the Direct Drive, no gain from messing with any of the others. Also not recommended for Spartan users as it will shift brutally hard.

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. Guess ill leave her alone for now until its time for a built trans!:evil

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
I really like my spartan as of now, but once the building of the truck starts I'll be looking into custom tuning.

buck russell

Reaction score
I have nothing against spartan at all, the guys at spartan are phenomenal to deal with. They really helped me out a few months back, and I can't say enough great things about their customer service. However, when you start building your truck, you're going to want trans tuning.

Latest posts

Members online