upgrading 8" kit

NDsuperduty

Reaction score
I have a 6" basic fabtech kit(all drop brackets, uses factory radius arm, rear blocks) with a 2" coil spacer. The truck rides ok, but its a little stiff (as you would expect from a 1ton truck). The truck handles ok, but does have a little slack in the steering. Not sure if this is from the lift or just wear and tear after 100k miles. I am wanting to upgrade the suspension so it will ride better, but I'm not looking to go crazy with some $6000 OUO kit. The truck never goes offroad, so the only thing I care about is what will make it ride better on the highway and around town, without losing much,if any, load capacity.

I know some of the different options out there..coil-overs, progressive rate coils, 4-links, etc.....but not sure which options would be best for what i need

Erikclaw

Reaction score
New quality shocks, maybe a custom made leaf pack for the rear. You will keep you load capacity and ride better. Could look into new front coils like Icon or something like that, along with good shocks it should ride and handle better.

NDsuperduty

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I did upgrade my shocks to Bilstein 5100's. that made a decent difference from the old fabtech shocks.

NDsuperduty

Reaction score
If I were to do one piece at a time, would a progressive rate leaf pack rear spring make more difference in ride than upgrading the front suspension?

NotStock

Reaction score
I would upgrade to a 4-link setup. This will help tighten up the steering some by allowing you to dial in more castor. In addition is should ride a little softer. Our long arm 4-link runs $899 plus shipping.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.