Upgrading pads and rotors

Rule12b

Reaction score
I test pads for Brembo on the race car, so they whipped me up a pair of 6 piston carbon ceramics that they had developed for LeMans. Space wasn't a problem for the massive slotted and cross-drilled rotors so then, uh, well, uh, yeah, then I woke up. Hahaha, I'm looking for a better brake solution on the truck the race car, everything, but it's always massive $$$. Brembo was even trying to make me pay for the experimental pads. Yeah, right.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
I'd say that's a little sketchy sounding in winter. But mine has be a garage queen in the winter since I first bought it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's not THAT bad, just noticeable. Pads are always touching rotors so once your out of the neighborhood, the heat is held in the brake system for the most part unless your flying down the highway with cross winds or sitting immobile. Figured I'd throw it out there before someone put the SD pads in and rolled the stop sign on the first cold snap ;) I'd definitely do that same setup again for a heavy hauler, works great with weight

Rule12b

Reaction score
Cross-drilling rotors for our trucks seems a bit pointless. Marginally better cooling, but cross-drilling is mostly weight savings as I understand it. Slotting, (which I do on the race rotors) generally improves bite and performance, especially under hard use. Again, that's my understanding.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.