Urgent 7.3 Fuel Pump Options

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
My 7.3 needs a fuel pump. Need to order it by this weekend.

Anybody know a good fuel pump that replace the OE pump?

Was looking at the Walbro pump but isn't rated for diesel fuel. The stock Bosch is out of stock. Any suggestions and feedback on the different replaceable pumps. Thanks in advance.

David N

Reaction score
If the truck is relatively stock, and doesn't need more fuel, I'd stick with the stock. But get a real Bosch pump. Not a cheap knockoff.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Get the Bosch...

Agreed, stick with the stock bosch pump

If the truck is relatively stock, and doesn't need more fuel, I'd stick with the stock. But get a real Bosch pump. Not a cheap knockoff.

Try riffraff for a pump. He always ships stuff quick

Wow I am glad everyone here can read posts!

... I however do agree a Bosch pump is better but also answering peoples questions is important... Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The bosch pumps are out of stock. Riffraff swamps everybody. The truck is not really stock it has stage 2 160/100% injectors all the good stuff for 450 HP

smoker00

Reaction score
A good stock pump will feed 160s just fine..

If you want more... I love my A1000 over 4 years... and it feed my Big B's no problm..
64psi..

Baker42

Reaction score
I have jakes OBS fuel system on my 95 stroker. It uses a walbro gsl -392 I use it as my plumbing service truck everyday and also tow. It has not let me down 25000 miles still provides the volume 68 psi all day long.

DocBar

Reaction score
I hope I don't jinx myself, but I've been running a FueLab 4XXX for 3 years and 40+K with absolutely no problems. I'd take that over a Walbro any day.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I just ordered the Walbro from summit racing pump was $113.00 with a $6.00 fuel line quick connect tool kit and $16.00 2 Day UPS shipping to Hawaii. came out to $136.00. Should be here by Monday any other part I need to install the pump? FFD says all it needs is the fitting on the stock pump other than that will bolt right in is that correct?

mattman347

Reaction score
I just ordered the Walbro from summit racing pump was $113.00 with a $6.00 fuel line quick connect tool kit and $16.00 2 Day UPS shipping to Hawaii. came out to $136.00. Should be here by Monday any other part I need to install the pump? FFD says all it needs is the fitting on the stock pump other than that will bolt right in is that correct?

You will need the inlet quick connect fitting. You reuse your old fuel pump outlet fitting. The ones we have on out website include the fitting you will need.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

if you would have called just about any of our 7.3 vendors, they prolly have everything in stock to swap a walbro!

do you have a pre filter?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.