Urgent 7.3 Fuel Pump Options

TyCorr

Reaction score
My walbro has 10k on it and its been great so far. The walbro in my eclipse has 100k on it and it still works. Why everybody hate on walbro?

TyCorr

Reaction score
yeah you need a regulated return like yesterday

In my opinion anybody does. If you have any performance upgrades including a chip, its a darn near needed upgrade. Truck is waaaay quieter with it.

bruce

Reaction score
My walbro has 10k on it and its been great so far. The walbro in my eclipse has 100k on it and it still works. Why everybody hate on walbro?

392's just don't last, when i got my fuel system i ran dual 392's, one lasted about a year, the other lasted about 2

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok, good to know. Perhaps I should toss a spare in my toolbox. I was told.to.stay the eff away from fuelab junk, so I did, as that was my only advice. Maybe I should get an aeromotive pump to back this walbro up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I like my full fuel.system from Irate. Covered the tank and tank mods pre and post filters, and everything to.feed fuel to.the engine bay using parker, pushloc hose. The plumbing under the hood is.all stainless hardline with an aeromotive regulator.

Fuel is always there and stays at about 70psi where ive set it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A RR fuel system is mandatory for any 7.3 owner.

ehh, i ran stock fuel with a walbro for a few years and hrld psi just fine for stage 2s... anything bigger, sure a rr would be best.... but i know of a few thats been just fine north of 500hp on stock fuel and a walbro.....

live life full throttle

DocBar

Reaction score
ehh, i ran stock fuel with a walbro for a few years and hrld psi just fine for stage 2s... anything bigger, sure a rr would be best.... but i know of a few thats been just fine north of 500hp on stock fuel and a walbro.....

live life full throttle
A RR fuel system should be added as soon as you learn about it. Modifications be damned. If you own a 7.3, it needs a RR fuel system.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I found it very helpful to install ball valves before and after my pre-pump filter.

You might also want to consider a post pump filter and fuel bowl delete while you're at it. It's cheap and easy.

I have an airdog does anybody read sigs anymore LOL. But thanks for the info.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A RR fuel system should be added as soon as you learn about it. Modifications be damned. If you own a 7.3, it needs a RR fuel system.

needs? sure i guess... but there are thousands of 7.3s with almost s half million miles on them that have never needed one.. better to have one? yes...

They read signatures about as well as you use the search button

im sure this doesnt pertain to me but im on tapatalk 99% of the time anymore... CANT see signatures through tapaptalk...

live life full throttle

DocBar

Reaction score
I have an airdog does anybody read sigs anymore LOL. But thanks for the info.
:toast:

needs? sure i guess... but there are thousands of 7.3s with almost s half million miles on them that have never needed one.. better to have one? yes...

im sure this doesnt pertain to me but im on tapatalk 99% of the time anymore... CANT see signatures through tapaptalk...

live life full throttle
I guess I just see that as one of the best mods you can do for longevity. I wish I'd had my stock injectors flowed when I went to the 250's. They had over 200K on them and the truck ran OK but I'm also very good at keeping up on maintenance. An RR fuel system should've been stock from the factory.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I ran a stock system and with larger lines with my 175s and it was holding pressure but as well as the truck runs with stock injectors and srp1 with a full, rr fuel system Im wondering if I wouldnt have stayed with the 175s had I had this fuel system and oil? Perhaps I would have maximized the capability and not though "I need larger injectors". Every truck is different and there just seem to be too many variables from truck to truck to say. Just like Jake's truck(lincolnlocker) makes as much power on stg 2's as many are making on a small hybrid. He's sniffing 500hp with 170/100s. That isn NOT normal.

My 175/80s tuned clean made 405hp on a local truck dyno. I believe those numbers to be close in my case. He's got trap times to back up 470+hp. They're all different!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I ran a stock system and with larger lines with my 175s and it was holding pressure but as well as the truck runs with stock injectors and srp1 with a full, rr fuel system Im wondering if I wouldnt have stayed with the 175s had I had this fuel system and oil? Perhaps I would have maximized the capability and not though "I need larger injectors". Every truck is different and there just seem to be too many variables from truck to truck to say. Just like Jake's truck(lincolnlocker) makes as much power on stg 2's as many are making on a small hybrid. He's sniffing 500hp with 170/100s. That isn NOT normal.

My 175/80s tuned clean made 405hp on a local truck dyno. I believe those numbers to be close in my case. He's got trap times to back up 470+hp. They're all different!

Dang he's making that much power on 170's? tuning play's a big role doesn't it?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dang he's making that much power on 170's? tuning play's a big role doesn't it?

no idea.... it is still unknown why mine is that way... its the only one, out of many trucks with the exact same mods, that johnathan has tuned, that is that high..

i do need another live tune session though...

live life full throttle

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
no idea.... it is still unknown why mine is that way... its the only one, out of many trucks with the exact same mods, that johnathan has tuned, that is that high..

i do need another live tune session though...

live life full throttle

Dang what else mods do you have other than the 170's?

Latest posts

Members online