useing a d60 in a set of compounds?

bmack31

Reaction score
so next spring im gonna tear down my powerstroke and go for a 800hp fuel only build. lofty goal but im gonna try. I was trying to figure out what to do for turbos to keep streetability so I was thinking using a d60 with a ww2 as the smaller and then running something larger over top obviously. im not very knowledgeable on turbo's yet so im not sure what im exactly going to do yet, I have every other part planned out already just not this.. any advice is much appreciated any ones advice is more than I know already so good or bad let me hear it

MossBack

Reaction score
I would strongly reconsider using the stock turbo. Even if it is a d66. The S366 has a much better turbine map and when combined with something like a s488. It will be very responsive.

I am not saying it can't be done just that it is out of its effective range. I think it can be done with a 38r.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I don't think the stock turbo would make it even remotely close to 800 fuel only compounded. Not made for that kind of application. It wold have to be gated perfectly and would need a ton of spray

bad12jr

Reaction score
Not gonna come even close to 800 on fuel with a stocker. They won't live at 450 long let alone 800. I can spin my stocker 35psi with just AD's and its hating life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
i can attest to hitting 60psi with a stocker but it doesnt last long at all. i limit my pedal to 50 psi and it seems to hold up but then start forcing more air on top of that from an atmo charger and stuffs gonna hit the fan quick

DIESEL SHOP LLC.

Reaction score
I have run a gated d66 made 525 on motor 655 on spray worked pretty well, John at no limit tuned it. Not saying it would be best in your situation but wg is always a good option. 45 psi of boost was my safe zone on boost.

bmack31

Reaction score
more or less just an idea I guess. im trying to learn more about turbos but I don't have much time to get on here and read at night thanks to work, I highly doubted it would be possible with the stocker. al this info is great guys I appreciate it alot

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I have run a gated d66 made 525 on motor 655 on spray worked pretty well, John at no limit tuned it. Not saying it would be best in your situation but wg is always a good option. 45 psi of boost was my safe zone on boost.

Got any pics/details on the gated D66?

DIESEL SHOP LLC.

Reaction score
I would have to dig around for pics. basically was just a spacer plate with a tube welded on it and a gated bolted over pass valve cover. This was probably 5 years ago now. t4 mount kits are the way to go now. I will say a gated d66 with some spray is a super fun street truck, ran 12.68 @ 107 ish that was probably 3 or 4 years ago, Since I started the shop I haven't gotten out much lol. this is all with a set of 238s at the time and live tuned by no limit tuning. Thanks John and Cass.

DIESEL SHOP LLC.

Reaction score
Here are some pictures thanks to the wife.!! lol. I didn't even know I had these.!!

Attachments

• 229.jpg
    229.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 139
  • 233.jpg
    233.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 241.jpg
    241.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 2011-06-05115944.jpg
    2011-06-05115944.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 105

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
ok clearly the op doesnt understand what it really takes to get to 800 fuel only hp with a 7.3...

Youll need, completely built motor, filled block, bottom end work, billet rods, lowered compression, custom pistons, girdle, main studs, head studs, head work, heavy valve springs and push rods, fire rings, 400cc injectors at a minimun, Big nozzles, LOTS of HPO. Dual pumps ect. Complete fuel system. Built trans, And many other odds and ends. That is, if you want it to last more then one dyno pull or hard street run. And most importantly, Custom tuning and thousands of dollars. An Edge wont cut it. LOL

JD3020

Reaction score
ok clearly the op doesnt understand what it really takes to get to 800 fuel only hp with a 7.3...

Youll need, completely built motor, filled block, bottom end work, billet rods, lowered compression, custom pistons, girdle, main studs, head studs, head work, heavy valve springs and push rods, fire rings, 400cc injectors at a minimun, Big nozzles, LOTS of HPO. Dual pumps ect. Complete fuel system. Built trans, And many other odds and ends. That is, if you want it to last more then one dyno pull or hard street run. And most importantly, Custom tuning and thousands of dollars. An Edge wont cut it. LOL

No **** an Edge won't cut it, everybody knows Bully Dog is the only tuner that makes any power.

And i wish i had a gate on my truck, a gated D66 with an IC, 3" plenums, and headers would make one hell of a good workstock truck. :naughty:

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
No **** an Edge won't cut it, everybody knows Bully Dog is the only tuner that makes any power.

And i wish i had a gate on my truck, a gated D66 with an IC, 3" plenums, and headers would make one hell of a good workstock truck. :naughty:

yeeeesss. Just do it...

bmack31

Reaction score
haha I know an edge wont cut it but it came with the truck, I want a beans tuned 6 pos chip when im all said and done. I planned on a girdle, filing the block. carillo rods, balanced crank. swamps valve springs. chromoly push rods. fire ringed head swamps 400cc injectors (unless rosewood would make me a set) stealth dual hpop. swamps lpop. gearhead cam. fass 200 gph pump with fuel bowl delete. regulated return. and water menth kit.. I think that pretty much covored the motor with the exception of turbos of course

bmack31

Reaction score
forgot a swamps modded idm.. I think that's all for motor unless im forgetting something

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.