Using a mini max to turn off tpms

Clean-15

Reaction score
As I understand it you can take a mini max from a 2011-2014 truck and use it on a 2015 to turn off the tpms. Has anyone done this? If so, do I have to actually put a tune in the truck that will void the warranty? Is the mini max then locked to my truck?

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Where did you hear this? As far as my knowledge goes, the MM does not support the 15's so you won't be able to load any type of tune or it can't be locked to your truck.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
From my understanding you don't actually tune the truck. You plug it in. Go to the option to adjust or remove the tpms. I haven't tried it though

Sent from the front seat of my rocket ship

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I remember that thread now. Hopefully someone will chime in or if the guys at Rudy's did it, why not give those guys a shout and they could answer your questions.

Clean-15

Reaction score
Just sent a PM to Dmays512, I will update this if/when he responds.

Clean-15

Reaction score
Incidentally, anyone got a Mini Max thats busted or something that they would part with in case this works? I'd be willing to pay for it (obviously not a ton if its useless to tune, but you get the idea).

Clean-15

Reaction score
Apparently it works. This is the answer I got. Can't wait to get this done!

290448c664000128592afd67ee24b480.jpg

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
I prefer to turn it down, not off, they are key when your flying down the highway loaded, nothing else is going to give you a heads up your coming down from 60-80psi until the tire starts to pull, usually then its too late to save the tire if your at highway speeds.

Wonder if I can turn my F450 TPMS back on on my '16? If so, you can turn yours off for sure, or hopefully adjust the lights set point.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
so that he can rotate his own tires?

Well ford doesn't use specific location TPMS alerts, so it really wouldn't matter. I mean I don't rely on those stupid things anyways, so I guess I could always disable it. But I just have them put sensors in when I swap wheels

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Well ford doesn't use specific location TPMS alerts, so it really wouldn't matter. I mean I don't rely on those stupid things anyways, so I guess I could always disable it. But I just have them put sensors in when I swap wheels

they may not use location specific alerts, but the sensors are programmed to a specific location.

so if you rotate your tires without reprogramming the TPMS sensors, the light will come on.

I don't rely on them either. That's why I don't care to have to deal with them at all.

mwdguy

Reaction score
they may not use location specific alerts, but the sensors are programmed to a specific location.

so if you rotate your tires without reprogramming the TPMS sensors, the light will come on.

I don't rely on them either. That's why I don't care to have to deal with them at all.
I rotate mine with no issues.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.