using/burning oil?

sethc24

Reaction score
Truck is a 2000 f250 7.3 psd auto, ac ,4x4 etc. Has 310,000 km on the odo.

Okay i have been fighting this issue for a long time my truck uses 2.5-3 quarts of oil in 500 miles of driving. I pulled the motor out and resealed it, new o-rings, new oil pan etc. I also did the injector o-rings and made sure that the injector cups were in good shape. My truck smokes a cloud of blueish smoke when i start it when its colder weather. However its still using the same amount of oil in the summer time. The engine is clean and there is 0 oil leaks. Engine valley is bone dry. The turbo pedestal is a non ebpv unit with new o-rings top and bottom. I checked the downpipe for signs of the turbo leaking oil but there was none. I am at a loss as to were my oil is going. However a funny thing is i looked at the fuel bowl and the fuel is dark and a shade of blue also its hard to see the bottom of the fuel bowl.

But this is weird because i replaced all the injector o-rings (made sure there was no debris in the cups.)

Could the injectors be leaking oil internally into the fuel?

Blowby: I checked the engine blowby with the motor warm. It seems normal to me. I put the oil cap upside down onto it and it did not blow off or anything.

It does not smoke at all while i am driving. Any ideas?

Arisley

Reaction score
I would pull the injectors and look at the o-rings. What brand of O-rings did you put on. They should be Alliant. While the covers are off, I would also do a compression test just to settle my mind. Valve stem seals will also leak oil. However, injector o-rings would be my guess because of the fuel bowl.

Last edited:

sethc24

Reaction score
I used brand new alliant injector o-rings. Pulling the injectors with the motor in a lot of work. If i am going to do that i am going to get some stage 1 remans. Since i believe most of the injectors are original. I was super carefull when i put the new o-rings on and install the injectors. Made sure there was no bit or anything in the cups. I just dont see how they could be leaking that much oil.

If its the valve stems, will i need to pull the cylinder heads to fix them?

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
But first I would run a compression test and see where you are at. .
Whats your blow by looking like out of the oil fill tube? If you put your hand over it can you feel it pulsing?

golfer

Reaction score
run a compression test...

or just pull your intake tube off of the turbo and visually inspect the compressor wheel in the turbo....if the fins are abraded/sandblasted looking...annnd you have a bunch of blowby...

then your piston ring/cylinder walls are probably toast.

sethc24

Reaction score
Alright heres some photos and a video.
sethclough16
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC02330.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02329.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02331.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts