V10 to 7.3L Excursion

Copracr

Reaction score
Small update

I started retracing wires to get the oil pressure and tach working when i noticed one wire is WH/PK and the other is WH/RD. Sure enough I got them backwards cause they look nearly identical. I switched them and they both work now. Except the V10 tach reads high. at 700 or so RPM's it read out 1000. the ratio seems to stay pretty constant. I tried cutting the ground for the v10 tach select but that did nothing. I tossed the diesel cluster in and it read accurate so i will need to grab a diesel cluster with about 140K on it to keep things right.

I also found the FR headlight blew out. When I dug into that part of the harness I found there were 2 GR/OR wires and I got them backwards. Now I have both headlights and cruise control. Besides the a/c line and the gas filler neck I am done with the conversion now.

rpm-inc

Reaction score
The cluster isn't the digital odometer, right? You can pop out the odometer and put it in another cluster. I have done it a few times. And I have a couple diesel clusters laying around if you need one.

Copracr

Reaction score
I think it was digital, but thanks for the info guys. Unfortunetly I sold the Excursion though. A guy came along and offered the right price on it. I miss it already, I might get another one in the future cause I already regret selling it. I want a 2wd next time though, and a manual trans, and a ......

Wayne

Reaction score
If the right deal came along for a manual 6.4 for my excursion, I would be really tempted. Manual is cool to me just because you don't see it much, especially in an excursion. :rockon:

co04cobra

Reaction score
I would do the manual swap into a ex for around 10k. That would be including the price of the trans, t-case, pedals, floor hump, etc....

EXUSEME

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! This is my first post
And I'll be doing well having a shop do my swap
Got a o2 f250 v10 with 24k, and lost the motor
After my Ol started it for me while out of town
Working and oh man she locked the truck while
It was covered and running. By the time aaa showed
Up the truck had quit running... 7.3 here I come!!

EXUSEME

Reaction score
Found a 01 7.3 with 9k on it for a totaled truck
This is a list and why I'm having the diesel
Installed... 10.5 in lift all custom 4link 3bypass
kings front and rear, mt beadlocks rapped w 38s
Fiberglass sides and hood. For sale is the complete motor.. Doug thorly
Thick flange v10 headers, injectors, supercharger, it's
One bad mo fo!!!
It just overheated once ouch lol

EXUSEME

Reaction score