V10 to 7.3L Hours?

Viking

Reaction score
Im trying to gauge the time it would take to swap over my truck to diesel. I am converting my 99 v10. I have all the tools and hoist to make this possible. I think the book calls for 16hrs to pull the motor. So with all Im guessing 72ish. How many hours have swaps taken you guys?

Krause

Reaction score
yea it won't be the swap that takes too much time, it'll be the little things with wiring here and there or the one bolt you don't have, or the sensor that gets broken. 72 hours is a good guess I would say all said and done, depends if it's a labor of love winter project with every piece getting painted etc etc, or a wham bam get it done type of swap. Plan for the worst though.

co04cobra

Reaction score
why not just buy a truck that came with a 7.3, and sell the gasser?

If his 99 has a nice body he can't go out and find another 99 with a 7.3 that is not rusted. Not for under 15K+ anyway. I'm just guessing that I why anyway.

We've done that swap in house in approx. a week, but that is with 2 guys on it at least part of the time.

Viking

Reaction score
The 99 has a good body and I have a 7.3l motor in storage. The 99 was my first truck I personally ever bought so it ain't going anywhere haha. The 16hrs comes from Ford.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The 99 has a good body and I have a 7.3l motor in storage. The 99 was my first truck I personally ever bought so it ain't going anywhere haha. The 16hrs comes from Ford.

If ford said 72 hours for the swap it will be much faster. Because the 16 hours is really about 3. So if you can proportionately divide the 72...oh hell im just teasing.

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Members online