Vacuum pump keeps running

BFT

Reaction score
Fixed the torn line and fitting on the regular cab but the pump keeps running constantly. Passenger side axle has grease coming out... Could that be the problem?

Also... The blue truck has the same issue but comes on every 2-5 min.

How hard is it to do the hubs? What other problem could it be? What's an easy way of finding a leak in the system

Thanks

Zmann

Reaction score
no the leak would only happen for a few seconds30-60 when you demanded 4x4 with the ESOF switch

grab 2 golf tee's or the like and plug the lines going to the solenoid for the 4x4 on the pass fender near the battery ..

you may have a faulty esof solenoid to go with the bad seal .. or a cracked reservoir

or a loose vac line ..post back

Zmann

Reaction score
HUB seals can be easy - hard depending on what seal

a mighty vac tester can make this easy to find

Rene G

Reaction score
Sub'ed, I've had the same problem on and off for a while, repacked my hubs, had a esof switch replaced, stopped for a while, now its running again...

BFT

Reaction score
Well, for my reg cab (which was constantly running) I plugged it it and pump ran and stopped so I'm guessing that good? Now to replace that.

I'll report on my blue crew cab right now

BFT

Reaction score
Now for the blue truck. I plugged it the same way and the pump didn't run after but neither did it plugged (until I engaged the 4x4)

Zmann

Reaction score
I don't think you did the ESOF solenoid test correctly

if you plugged the valve the signal from the ESOF dash switch should have no impact on this test

BFT

Reaction score
It engages when connected then the pump runs immediately. I would have to drive with it plugged like you said to be for sure