Valve springs and push rods

Homesteader

Reaction score
Im ready for valve springs and push rods. I kinda have and idea on what Im getting but would like some input on what is best out there. I know there is a few selection out there on valve springs and push rods.

Thanks

TARM

Reaction score
I went with the valve springs DI sells. Forget the actual brand but they are IMO a step up from the smiths

For valve springs since this is a full build I would look and get springs properly matched to your max rpms boost levels etc. My guess would be 150/425 would be a good place to start but I would ask around to the guys that are building engines that match closely to your specs. You can always call a cam manf give them all the specs and see what they recommend.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Tarm on 150/450 is that seat pressure your talking abut? I was thinking of WOP high rev springs according to WOP it has seat pressure of 145.

On the rods the DI is one up from Smiths? How do these compare to WOP rods?

TARM

Reaction score
Yes but that is a general range. As a rule I tend to differ to those with large amounts of practical experience enough to have learned from trail and error. If you plan for a perf cam grind such as a Gearhead Stage 2 those specs need to be taken into account as well as they are critical.

bpcheramie

Reaction score
Now maybe I am wrong in saying it this way but why not talk to the guy who is going to do your head work and the guy who you are going to get you cam from.... You can go with the most seat pressure but who to say that is what you need in your setup.... Also cant seat pressure also be fine tuned by the way the spring is place on the valve?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Is there two different Beehive sets? There is a big difference in price between the two. Also yours says 175 seat pressure the other 155 seat pressure.

These that we sell do not require machining of the cylinder head, I'm not sure of what other set your referring to but the other sets we sell are for the 6.0/6.4 and have 32 springs and thus cost more.

JaneSays

Reaction score
Valve spring and push rods

My pick was Hypermax push rods and Comp 910 springs and H11 head studs. I just need the injectors 250/100s.... Can't wait

Homesteader

Reaction score
Jake has a set of Beehives with seat pressure of 170. Are anyone running beehives with that seat pressure. Will that seat pressure be ok with stock cam?

Homesteader

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any problems or issues when running 170lb of seat pressure. Will it put to much stress on the rockers?
I'm hoping it will be ok...got a set coming.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Jake has another set that he could try to see if that would work and pressure would be about 144

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.