Valvetrain question

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
I have been fighting a cylinder 3 misfire and contribution code finally got it narrowed down to the #3 exhaust side the valves are no longer opening and closing at all.

When I felt back on the rocker arm I could fit my finger in between the rocker and pushrod. Pulled fuel rails and all that stuff out of the way, removed rockers, pushrod is bent but only slightly. Feels like on that particular lifter you can feel where the pushrod should ride on it but you can push it past that by about a half inch.

Im assuming I have a lifter that is no longer pumping up or got floated at some point. Now what do I have to do to get to that lifter and replace it? From the reading I have done everyone says the head has to come off is there any way to do it otherwise and can this all be done cab on? If it can be done cab on would it be a good idea just to replace them all while I'm in there? Pulling both heads off doesn't sound like my idea of a real good time with the cab on but has it been done by anyone here?

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Heads can come off with cab on but it sucks big time. If you can't lift the cab I would personally pull the motor, which I suspect you will be doing anyhow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.