van turbo on a 7.3 (what to do with factory waste gate peices)

dragn91

Reaction score
Truck I just bout had a van turbo on it I'm installing a new blank pedestal and van outlet. I also have to install a new intake spider since the previous owner must have tried to force the turbo to line up with the clamp and cracked this one. I was wondering if I needed to reistall any of the green and red hoses or the wiring to the intake spider that I'm guessing controls the waste gate that is no longer on the truck since the van turbo is non waste gated. Can I just plug the ports and leave the wiring unplugged or does it need this to not throw codes?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Whenever weve screwed with them, weve left the green one in the intake and the solenoid plugged n. Hook the elbow of the red one on your intercooler clamp and run it. I dont know if codes will set with the solenoid unplugged, but would be weary of leaving the green one out. Its a small hole in the inlet, but it is post filter, so i dont care how small it is, i wouldnt want it.

Bluke

Reaction score
Shouldn't have no problems. If there is a code it would be a soft code. Like said above plug the hole in the intake tube and spider.

Latest posts

Members online