Vendor or reliable shop near DFW

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I may be purchasing a 7.3 in the DFW but I'd like to have compression numbers and a look over to make sure the truck is good to go.

The the PSN vendor map lacks any data for the DFW area but I figured I'd ask around.

I'm not sure if I should throw this here or in the 7.3 tech. I'll do both and a mod can work magic on the one that is out of place.

Thanks!

Jake

Reaction score
Theses guys 1 817-313-5529 I have sent some friends there and been very happy.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I may be purchasing a 7.3 in the DFW but I'd like to have compression numbers and a look over to make sure the truck is good to go.

The the PSN vendor map lacks any data for the DFW area but I figured I'd ask around.

I'm not sure if I should throw this here or in the 7.3 tech. I'll do both and a mod can work magic on the one that is out of place.

Thanks!

DI is about 3 hours south of you..Address:
6529 Cunningham Rd Suite 2101
Houston, TX 77041
not sure what your looking for...

That's what he's looking for. That's why he specified the area. So.the.vehicle.can be inspected.conveniently on his.behalf.

JMart

Reaction score
I wish I could make it from Dfw to Houston in 3 hours. Its more like 4 to 4.5.

I posted in your other thread.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Ty maybe I should have been more specific for all. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm in NE so I'm trying to find a trust worthy source. I had found a truck in Houston and DI quoted me $500 to get compression #s but they guy fell through.

I hope O2 doesn't get mad but he made a purchase, sat 9 hours on a bus only to get his 6.0 and something like halfway home discovered the heads were junk. I'll spend accordingly if work has to be done, I just want an idea of what I"m getting into.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Texas is a big frikkin state. Its like its own country! :D

Yep, born and raised!

When we drove from MN to TX, we spent nearly as much time going through all the others states vs going through TX. You can drive nearly a day straight and still be in TX.

Reaction score
I wish I could make it from Dfw to Houston in 3 hours. Its more like 4 to 4.5.

I posted in your other thread.

mapquest puts it at 3 hrs 36 mins doing the speed limit..

Thanks guys.

Ty maybe I should have been more specific for all. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm in NE so I'm trying to find a trust worthy source. I had found a truck in Houston and DI quoted me $500 to get compression #s but they guy fell through.

I hope O2 doesn't get mad but he made a purchase, sat 9 hours on a bus only to get his 6.0 and something like halfway home discovered the heads were junk. I'll spend accordingly if work has to be done, I just want an idea of what I"m getting into.

couldnt have been too bad of an idea..you already got a quote from them...

JMart

Reaction score
mapquest puts it at 3 hrs 36 mins doing the speed limit..

couldnt have been too bad of an idea..you already got a quote from them...

DI is a great idea if you are in Houston. So is PSE. Like he said his first truck was.
Truck Source Diesel or CenTex if you are in San Antonio or Austin. But none of them are close to DFW.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
DI is a great idea if you are in Houston. So is PSE. Like he said his first truck was.
Truck Source Diesel or CenTex if you are in San Antonio or Austin. But none of them are close to DFW.

Good to know. I got a quote by a fellow member for the DFW area that was more than half of the DI quote. Excellent IMHO.

If this one falls through I have some others i'm viewing in both SA and Austin so those others are good to know :thumbsup:

JMart

Reaction score
Good to know. I got a quote by a fellow member for the DFW area that was more than half of the DI quote. Excellent IMHO.

If this one falls through I have some others i'm viewing in both SA and Austin so those others are good to know :thumbsup:

No problem. If I can help you with anything let me know.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
awesome thanks! Thanks for getting those #'s and data :toast:. 4-450 per cylinder is pretty darn good. II'll let you know if he gets back w/ me.

ghohouston

Reaction score
For sure! Sorry I didnt get compression #'s on video, but my hands were filthy, and the guys son seemed like he was in a hurry so i just wanted to finish. I was able to get in and out in about 2 hours including the test drive

Latest posts

Members online