Vgt clean up

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I have carbon build up in the veins on the turbo. How would I clean it out? Is there a cleaner I can put in the tank or through the vacuum lines?

weazel

Reaction score
You have to pull the turbo, and take it apart, make sure you mark it so when you put it back together it is clocked properly. I take them apart and bead blast them, then I put a little anti sieze on the veins.

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Reaction score
Not hard take the air filter off, disconnect the batteries,disconnect the downpipe and y pipe, and then the intercooler pipe on the passenger side, then it's three bolts and she's out. Also the oil feed line needs to be disconnected

weazel

Reaction score
Not hard take the air filter off, disconnect the batteries,disconnect the downpipe and y pipe, and then the intercooler pipe on the passenger side, then it's three bolts and she's out. Also the oil feed line needs to be disconnected

Batteries are important, because you will be wiggling the turbo out right by the alternator, and if you touch the post with it sparks will fly. And remember be patient. When you remove the turbo it is a tight fit, so slowly wiggle it out and make sure not to get hung up on anything

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Great replies. I think I can do this along with some ice cold beer and some Metallica.

doubledrop

Reaction score
If has never been pulled may want to have a crowbar handy to pry up on it slightly.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
A rattle can of dry film lubricant is what garrett says to use. Spray the housing, veins, and the ring. Also get the turbo install kit from ford.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Turbo install kit? Also where can I get the grinder kit to clean it up and the lube

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
Install kit pn is 3c3z-9t514-ad not sure where we get the lube at but any auto or paint center should have it. I usually media blast the parts so i cant help with the clean up.

OBS F350

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the p/n. I'm guessing I can just sand it all away right?

Just use a scotch bright pad on it. Any color should work. Make sure to clean the unison ring and the housing where the unison ring rides. I put anti seize on the unison ring and all the veins also when I re install. Not sure if it helps but I like to think it does :D.

Also take a paint marker and make a line on the clamp holding the housings together and on each housing to make it easier to put back together. There is a nipple that makes it impossible to clock them wrong but the line will just make it easier.

Latest posts

Members online