VIDEO: 190s and powermax cold start - 40 degrees

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yes i had the injectors in for a couple days before the FICM. The FICM made no changes to how the truck started in the cold. Started the same.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea man I understand being anal about every little sound that is different or something you think you may have not heard before and you ask yourself what it could be. I didnt mean to criticize and hope you have some reassurances that it isnt that bad. Sure it could be better and hopefully it will with either 5w30 and/or revx and/or new FICM if that is what you decide you need to try. Hope everything works out.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Mine starts perfect with 5w40 mobil 1 and rev x with race tunes and stock ficm flash...

Vizsla

Reaction score
I had Cass 190's, and it did the same thing. It bothered me so I switched to Elite 185's, and it was smooth as silk no matter how cold. I had the 190's rebuilt/redone/checked by Cass before selling them, and supposedly they were fine. It should run smooth, if not there is something wrong.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums...on=view&current=video-2011-12-09-07-51-11.mp4

Video serves two purposes:

First - is this a normal/healthy start - truck is a little shaky for the first couple seconds then evens out.

Second - for anybody wondering what the powermax whistle sounds like keep watching for when the high idle kicks in (around 2:20)

On a side note - how do you get the video to play right here in the thread rather than pasting the link?

You say it is 40 below zero out???

Latest posts

Members online