Volant Powercore intake PN:198676

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goindownhole

Reaction score
Has anyone used this intake?

Before everyone starts yelling No Limit...I'm looking for better filtration, which the Donaldson Powercore advertises...even though it's a couple 10ths of a percent, Id just likea little more power, mileage, and filtration to boot.

I was curious if anyone has any dyno numbers with one as well.

Thanks in advance.

sootie

Reaction score
LOL
No limit and don't look back. Have you heard of subpar filtration with no limit?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
No limit uses afe filters. Imho afe is one of the best filters you can buy. I've seen an afe filter covered in sand and dust from glamis, come back to Indiana and get covered in mud and dirt, then I took it off and cleaned it and the intake is clean as a whistle inside. I'll trust my engine with it.

Nj67

Reaction score
You could get a no limit....and throw codes all the time....waste 4 hours trying to get the fitment right...read up some threads already posted about them.
Or.....just get a S&B and be done in 20 minutes

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Your funny....

Why not match the tunes to the intake so you don't get codes...and enjoy better drivability, power and filtration than the s&b? As far as taking four hours to install...thats hardly the intakes fault.

Nj67

Reaction score
Your funny....

Why not match the tunes to the intake so you don't get codes...and enjoy better drivability, power and filtration than the s&b? As far as taking four hours to install...thats hardly the intakes fault.
I personally dont own one and wont. Just stating facts that were posted on here. Whats so funny about that ???

bpan

Reaction score
You could get a no limit....and throw codes all the time....waste 4 hours trying to get the fitment right...read up some threads already posted about them.
Or.....just get a S&B and be done in 20 minutes

4 hours to get the fitment right? Took me 20 minutes in the rain. No codes here either.

sootie

Reaction score
I personally dont own one and wont. Just stating facts that were posted on here. Whats so funny about that ???

even funnier now that you admit to spreading useless blather that isnt even your experience!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
OP the intake you are talking about looks to be pretty decent, if thats what you want to go with it can't hurt to try it. Like most on here I have a NL and am very happy with it. Saw a gain in MPG right away with it. That one with the donaldson filter I wonder the size of the filter compared to the NL, like surface area, which I think is on of the nice things about the NL.

JRLott

Reaction score

Because it's not fact. I think it might take four hours if you drank a case of beer while attempting the installation. Is it a bit of a PITA? Yes. Does mine throw codes? Yes. Have I had my tunes updated to accommodate the intake? No. Is that the intake's fault? No.

I think if you're going to buy a replacement intake, it's worth the little bit extra money and a bit more time to install correctly for proven performance gains over any other option out there.

ncollins64

Reaction score
^^No sootie, myself, and most others have tried many different setups and know what works and what doesn't. No limit is the best intake on the market for these trucks, period.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
So no other intake works ??? Lol.

Not as well that they have seen in their testing. The NL torque curve comes on much stronger lower down. I believe there was actually a 40ft/lb difference at like 1800 rpms or something like that. I picked up full mpg switching from my S&B to the NL, thats pulling a trailer same weather conditions same stretch of road back to back days. Same fuel etc etc.

If you don't like the intake don't buy one thats simple but need to bad mouth them when the majority of us can instal them in 30 min or less and have 0 fitment issues.

The s&b is a good intake, just not as good as others on the market.

sootie

Reaction score
So no other intake works ??? Lol.

Putting words in my mouth now are you? Where did i say no other intake worked? I simply stated the benefits of the No Limit and that there was no filtration concern which is what the OP was worried about...

Nj67

Reaction score
Not as well that they have seen in their testing. The NL torque curve comes on much stronger lower down. I believe there was actually a 40ft/lb difference at like 1800 rpms or something like that. I picked up full mpg switching from my S&B to the NL, thats pulling a trailer same weather conditions same stretch of road back to back days. Same fuel etc etc.

If you don't like the intake don't buy one thats simple but need to bad mouth them when the majority of us can instal them in 30 min or less and have 0 fitment issues.

The s&b is a good intake, just not as good as others on the market.
I never said it was better then the nl. I said that the nl throws codes and 99% of the people that have it have had an issue when installing it. I gave my opinion and as usual someone has to attempt to talk ****

Nj67

Reaction score
Putting words in my mouth now are you? Where did i say no other intake worked? I simply stated the benefits of the No Limit and that there was no filtration concern which is what the OP was worried about...
So an opinion is bs..lol. Other people's experiences are bs...????
What are you calling bs ??? To me it reads that all intakes but nl are bs

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I never said it was better then the nl. I said that the nl throws codes and 99% of the people that have it have had an issue when installing it. I gave my opinion and as usual someone has to attempt to talk ****

Ive read far more people not having codes and not having issues with it being installed than I have about people not being able to install a pipe. I doubt its 99% of the people that have problem with them. Maybe a little over exaggeration there. Even if it were 50/50 a little bit of tweeking under the hood can get it solved. Also remember a forum or other places on line is where people will go to solve problems so if someone has a problem with something there is a good chance it will pop up and be seen, but if there is no problem people probably will not post about it as there is nothing to be solved.

Also your opinion was pretty much talking crap on a product most of the people on this board really like, so you will probably be getting some push back from it.

Nj67

Reaction score
Ive read far more people not having codes and not having issues with it being installed than I have about people not being able to install a pipe. I doubt its 99% of the people that have problem with them. Maybe a little over exaggeration there. Even if it were 50/50 a little bit of tweeking under the hood can get it solved. Also remember a forum or other places on line is where people will go to solve problems so if someone has a problem with something there is a good chance it will pop up and be seen, but if there is no problem people probably will not post about it as there is nothing to be solved.

Also your opinion was pretty much talking crap on a product most of the people on this board really like, so you will probably be getting some push back from it.
Hence the groupies attacking me. Lol. Its ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online