voltage issues when starting

lariat06

Reaction score
2006 ford f250. batteries are about 2 years old. FICM shows 48.5 volts at start up. every time i start the truck up now it drops down around 9-10 volts and will barely start. after a minute or so it goes up to 13-13.5 volts. had the batteries checked today and they are still good. any idea what i can check? connections on the batteries are tight and clean.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
The delay in charging is the system waiting for the glow plugs to cycle off before the alternator kicks in.. This sounds like a battery issue

lariat06

Reaction score
yea it just started a few days ago. before that it would start great with no issues. now it struggles. side note that i should have mentioned my fuel gauge went crazy and i ran it out of fuel. needless to say getting it restarted we drained the batteries. maybe i should have them checked again.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
FICMs, IC, ECM, all very very finicky when it comes to voltage...

What tests are you running on your batteries? They need to be load tested, and separately

lariat06

Reaction score
local parts store put a load tester on each battery. going to a different place tomorrow to get them tested tho. Im still thinking battery issue after i typed everything out in the open.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.