VSS Code and Body Mounts

LilBit 4x4

Reaction score
Hey all,

1995 f350 cc lb obs.

The other day we lifted the cab slightly off the frame to change the body mounts. The only 2 mounts I could successfully replace were the front two. The other four mounts were impossible to get off. I was using an impact gun and smacking them silly to try to loosen them. Eventually, I had to call it a day. Afterwards we took it for a test drive and it was shifting hard. (Previously, I had this problem, I changed the vss on the rear diff and then had to take apart the dash to mess with the cluster. It worked well since then.) We ran the truck through the computer and vss code came up. I messed with the vss and test drove it again, same thing. It cuts in and out. I'm going to take the dash apart and mess with the cluster again. I don't think it should be so touchy and delicate to get messed up. Has anyone else had this problem? What do I need to do to make this thing more reliable?

Thanks so much!
Nicole

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Intermittent problems like that are often a sign of a wiring harness issue. It is likely that you have a damaged or corroded wire to the VSS.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
could have torn the wiring at the frame when trying to loosen the middle drivers side bolts. slide under and check it out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.