walbro gls392

dzldoctor

Reaction score
They drop very easy. Not perfect drop in but very close. Wire up the same,fits the same housing. The ends may be different. Get the one with the install kit.

TARM

Reaction score
I prefer the Bosch 044. Little more costly but all around a better pump IMO. But the walbro is a decent choice given its low cost just keep your stock pump in the truck somewhere with what you need to install it back in as a backup. The walbros in diesels have had issues with dieing without warning. Its hit or miss. Some have gotten years out of them some weeks and everything inbetween.

Last edited:

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I don't like how people speak about the unreliability of the walbro. I wanted to do twin stockers but i think its overkill and my build plans changed. So ill probably use bosch
Fat fingered from my phone

TARM

Reaction score
Twin stockers are not to much over kill to be honest. They put out about what a walbro puts out. If you do not mind the extra plumbing its a good setup as it can get you home if one goes out.

mattman347

Reaction score
I have been running my walbro pump for years with no issues for what its worth, I have only had to warranty a couple in 4 years. Twin stockers will do the job as well, just cost more $$.

TARM

Reaction score
The issue is with diesel they do not have a warranty as they are not intended for diesel use. If you are willing to warranty the ones you sell I am sure that would be good news to many people that want to use one. They have nowhere near the same issues with gasoline or ethanol like they do with diesel.

Latest posts

Members online