walbro gls392

dean148802

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a walbro gls392 fuel pump, k&n cold air intake system and comp cams for my 97 f-250. I will be ordering 238/100 injectors within a week. Should i wait until i install the injectors to install the pump or is it generally safe to have that much fuel pressure in my lines? I do not want to install it and have fuel lines leaking. Or am I just paranoid?:morons:

Last edited:

jstann

Reaction score
your stock mechanical pump has ruffly the same pressure as the e fuel .... the e fuel system is just more consistent throught the rpm... i wouldnt run the k&n as every one else on here will say they dont filter well enough for a turbo if your gunna buy a kit get an afe

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Go with a different air filter, also the walbro will be ok on a stock truck. Just realize that walbro will flow more than stock but they have been known to have some failures. My first pump lasted me a whole month (I put another one back on it), yet I know of several other guys that have ran them for years and never an issue. Prepump filtration seems to be the biggest helper with that pump.

dean148802

Reaction score
Well **** I have already recieved the k&n kit. Do you know if their is a filter I can buy that will fit on the k&n tube? I would absolutely hate to have to buy a whole different kit. Thanks for the info relating to my pump! I appreciate it

d7es3l

Reaction score
Well **** I have already recieved the k&n kit. Do you know if their is a filter I can buy that will fit on the k&n tube? I would absolutely hate to have to buy a whole different kit. Thanks for the info relating to my pump! I appreciate it

If you got the k&n kit look into getting the 6637 filter, it will fit on the k&n tubing!

Latest posts

Members online